PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

30,000 Mile Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Default 30,000 Mile Service

Guys, do you know if a Maintanace light is supposed to come on at 30,000 miles for service? I do not recall the service light ever comming on before when I was driving the car at any intervals but just got a call from wifey saying some light came on. I know the car was about to hit 30K so I am thinking that's it but just don't know about the fact if anything is supposed to come on and as usual I am worried if I can not check right away ! Is this easily reset? I am not sure if I can get the service right away.

Now after reading up on this forum I found that there is no such thing as a 30K service for an H3? if that is the case I wonder what the light is for. I just installed an aftermarket radio with a NAV unit and friday got a message about the break cable not being connected properly (on the nav screen), maybe it came loose, but can this cause a warning to come on on H3?

Last edited by Raffi76; 07-06-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:20 AM

It sounds like the Check Engine light is on, is this the light that comes on for oil change/service/maintanance ? or is it a sign of some other trouble. I never had to reset any maintanance lights so not sure if this is the same light.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:08 PM

I just took my H3 in for a 30,000 mile service
No actual work needs to be done
I had an oil and filter change, rotate all tires and a check of "stuff' under the chassis
Dealer stated this is all that is called for at this mileage

Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 PM

the light that came on: was it a dollar sign and the dealership name under it!!! LMAO

Old 07-07-2010, 04:19 AM

I would call your gm dealer and find out if your warranty has expired yet so you can find out what's up with the check engine light. I have an 06 with 46k and I have exactly 6 days remaining on my warranty.
As for the services, imo I would keep an eye on your differential and tranny fluids. I know it says that its the 50 k service but it's still a 5 year old truck. I changed my fluids at 40k and they were filthy.It ran alot smoother and I gained a little gas mileage.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by mthoodh3
I would call your gm dealer and find out if your warranty has expired yet so you can find out what's up with the check engine light. I have an 06 with 46k and I have exactly 6 days remaining on my warranty.
As for the services, imo I would keep an eye on your differential and tranny fluids. I know it says that its the 50 k service but it's still a 5 year old truck. I changed my fluids at 40k and they were filthy.It ran alot smoother and I gained a little gas mileage.
That's a very good idea mthoodh3, are these fluids easy to change or do I need to take it to a dealer/shop? Yes my warranty is already out since last november, I bought it November 2005. However, I did get an extended warranty at one point after suing GM so I have to look and see if I can find that letter. Last time I was at the dealer they asked for it for a little warranty work I wanted to do before finding out it was finished. I meant to do some kind of maintanance work on the truck anyhow so it might be a good idea, I want to do the things I can do on my own though, no way I am paying over 1K to the dealer. I also wanted to change the spark plugs and the cables but not sure how easy it is in this truck. I used to change them in my older cars but nowadays the engine is all covered up.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 AM

Well the light came off while my wife was driving home yesterday and stayed off thus far. Not sure what to think of it, was it some a freaky coincidence or is there a real problem, should I still go have it read to see what code it is?