PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 hummer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Default 2014 hummer?

Check this out. I just stumbled across it. It has to be just a concept h3?

2014 Hummer H3 Pics - Bing Images

Peace,
Hummer 99

Comments? this is the first I've heard or seen any new concept hummers. I may be biased, but I think it would do well with sales for sure..

Old 12-13-2013, 03:43 AM

Yep. That was the HX. The prototype surfaced way back in 2008. I'd still love to have one of them!

Hummer HX : 2008 | Cartype

Old 12-13-2013, 08:43 AM

I agree... Those are old prototyes... They do look cool!!!
I wish GM would break out the Hummer brand again.

Originally Posted by Songman
Yep. That was the HX. The prototype surfaced way back in 2008. I'd still love to have one of them!

Hummer HX : 2008 | Cartype

Old 12-13-2013, 09:44 AM

Apparently GM is planning, or at least considering, serious off-road versions of the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon as well as a Silverado to compete head to head with the Raptor. Not a Hummer, but if they go all out they can make something that meets or exceeds the now dead H2. One huge advantage, the Tahoe is already the number 1 selling SUV in the US so they can give it H2 offroad ability without the Hummer brand stigma. Now, if they would also bring back the trailblazer (which is sold outside the US) and give it an H3 meeting or beating offroad package that would make those of us wanting a midsize H3 like SUV happy.

I've always said, I don't care about the Hummer badge.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:41 PM

This thread just makes me sad. I wanted one (HX) so bad to complement my Solstice!

Old 12-13-2013, 08:44 PM
rsc

I agree Skeptik, they are in a good position to do so. I would still like to see a baby HUMMER X tho!

Old 12-13-2013, 10:30 PM
Default LIKE NUTTIN ELSE!, still is

whats amazing is they had a UNIQUE NAME,and, IN ALL THE AUTO WORLD, a totally unique body style . all to exploit in any size and configuration you want.
and they just set it aside!!
I cant look at car commercials on tv with the cookie cutter look alike ugly pointy noses and wraparound headlights, puke.
when everything else looks alike, what an opportunity, blown away.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:52 AM

I agree... Every 4X4 wants to be the Hummer. I have gone round and round with people about how great the Hummers really are. (especially in the Jeep forums)(I have a wrangler and love it, but it's no Hummer) People try and bash them, (especially the military H1) but there isn't another vehicle out there that could hold up to the abuse we give the Hummer in the military. I've been driving them for years... And nothing, I mean nothing can compare. The Raptor is cool and all, but see what 6 tons does to it... Yes 6 tons, over 12,000 lbs. Throw that on a Raptor and see how it does!!!

Where Hummer went wrong IMO with the civilian side of it is MPG's and performance. Don't tell me you can't get close to 25 MPG's out of an H3. I've gotten close to 30 out of my Vette and Trans Am's.

I didn't buy my any of my Hummers for their fuel economy, but I like getting all I can get out of them that's for sure.

Would LOVE to see Hummer make a come back!!!

EVERYONE LOVES HUMMERS!!!!

Originally Posted by happythree
whats amazing is they had a UNIQUE NAME,and, IN ALL THE AUTO WORLD, a totally unique body style . all to exploit in any size and configuration you want.
and they just set it aside!!
I cant look at car commercials on tv with the cookie cutter look alike ugly pointy noses and wraparound headlights, puke.
when everything else looks alike, what an opportunity, blown away.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:45 PM
rsc

When the H3 came out and was being compared to the other 4x4's in its class it was at the bottom of the pack for fuel mileage. And being a 5 cyl vs 6, mentally people were expecting it to get better mpg's. 19 mpg isnt bad, but the lack of power and image got the better of it. To get 25 mpg's you would have to change what makes it a HUMMER, like full-time 4wd and square styling. Maybe add VVT or cylinder cut-out? Better gearing? I dunno. Better to beat the competition elsewhere, like offroad.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:33 PM

If GM put the L99 6.2L (it has DOD and 420 hp) in a H3 it would get close to 16 in the city and 21 on the hwy. GM really needs to bring back the H3A but with a L99 engine.....

Quick Reply: 2014 hummer?