PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2008 H3 Alpha wont start after heavy rain

Old 04-17-2018, 03:49 PM
vlb
Default 2008 H3 Alpha wont start after heavy rain

After heavy rain on Sat. am unable to start H3. I believe I may have a leak in sunroof as passenger floor board had about 2 full buckets of water! Tried to start car with no success - then could not get keys out. Charged battery and after it sat for a day was able to get keys out and windows down in attempt to dry out - left hood up. Today is day 3 and AAA just left. Battery shows fully charged, however, still won't start. Dashboard lights up so that is an improvement, but that's it. Any advise before I throw in the towel and take to dealer?

Old 04-18-2018, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

I MOVED this for you to the correct section. H3 questions go in the......
H3 section.

Where you posted it (Hummer Forums Help & Suggestion Center) has nothing to do with vehicles, it is for questions about how to use the forum features. Like... how do I post a pic stuff.

Do you still have the OEM POS crappy azzed Battery Terminal Connectors? If you do, they should be immediately hacked off and replaced with a quality aftermarket set, like Stingers or your favorite brand.

Have you actually checked the battery voltage?

More than likely, you got your BCM wet, shorted and drained the battery. A 12V battery is fully charged at appx 13.2V, it is basically stone dead at 11V or below. A dead battery can turn on lights, but ain't never gonna start your vehicle.

Your sunroof drains are clogged. You can use the search feature and read about "the fix for clogged sun roof drains". https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-28548/

That problem needs to be addressed or it will happen again.

You might get lucky if you remove the passenger side kick plate (where the BCM is located), pull back the carpet, and run a fan on it for a couple days to dry it out. Kinda like a wet cell phone. Some times you can dry them out and they work, but not usually.