Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Help 2007 H3 won't start please help....!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 01:22 AM
Angry Help 2007 H3 won't start please help....!!!

I removed the fuse box for cleaning and after putting it back there is no power to the dash and some of the fuses have power the other half is dead. How can I check is if I have a bad fuse box or a bad ECM....I think there is only one fuse box in this model. In the engine compartment. All fuses are OK and relays are OK also. Battery is also OK.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Hello and welcome to HF. I MOVED this for you because like the first thread stuck to the top of the New Member Section say: THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECH QUESTIONS!!

H3 questions go in the H3 section.

To your question, I'll say there is nothing wrong with your truck except you do not know how to put the fuse box back together.

Let me explain. 8.5 time out of 10, you will not get the fuse block back on top of the bottom holder by pushing down from the top, even though when you pulled of the fuse block, all you had to do was lift it up after squeezing the tabs. In the pic below, you see the two parts to the fuse block wire harness.

You have to squeeze the tabs for each of those, lift them out of the fuse block holder, and snap them into the bottom of the fuse block BEFORE you try to snap the fuse block down into the holder. It takes some finesse and a good deal of force to get the harnesses to completely/correctly clip into the bottom of the fuse block. Once the two harness connections are made to the bottom of the fuse block, the whole thing can then be pressed down into the fuse block holder and be snapped into place.

Try that and let us know how it goes.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:56 AM

Thank you so much for your help. Indeed, what you explained was the problem. But it was because on of the little black locks that hold the fuse box in place broke (White harness to fuse box). So the white harness couldn't stay in place. So, I have to replace the fuse box anyway for that little thing. If any body know how to fix it or if you guys have a spare one that want to sell, please let me know. Thank you for answering.