PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2006 Hummer H3 Disable door Chime

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Smile 2006 Hummer H3 Disable door Chime

I would love to know anyway I can disable the damn door chime. I like to listen to the stereo when cleaning the hummer and with the doors open the door chime continues.. This with the ignition key turned to the accessories position.. Any help please????

Old 05-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Banned

ocassionally a worthwhile,valid question comes along,often from a newbe.
this is one for sure!
i wonder if we might look at power up the radio without the ignition,,,? or kill the door sw

if so ,,gotta remember to turn it off

yeah, i dont need "ding ding"anymore than i need thump thump

Old 05-27-2011, 09:21 AM

Thats what I would like to figure out.. How to kill the door switch w/o throwing the notifier..

Old 05-27-2011, 09:38 AM

This same annoyance finally got to me where I had to do something about it. Use a torx driver (I think it was a T15), unscrew the door switch, unplug the 2 wires, and you'll be all set. The whole process takes about 1 min., so it's not that big of a deal. Eventually I'll cut one of the 2 wires going to this switch, wire a single pole, single throw toggle switch in series, mount it under the dash, and be good to go.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Banned

im gonna look for the wire? that kills all 5 doors,,,or? do they all ding?

Old 05-27-2011, 10:13 AM

I got it...roll the windows down

Old 05-27-2011, 10:32 AM

When I replaced my door speakers and amp'd them I stopped going through the metra harness behind the radio. This caused me to lose all my door chimes, but retain the messages in the DIC. I forgot this would happen, and was an added bonus that made me extremely happy.

Although I definitely haven't forgot to turn my headlights off due to lack of a chime and came out to a dead truck, no sir. I also haven't had to use my pocket knife to bridge my battery isolator in order to jump my truck from the rear batteries, nope, never.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:07 AM

gorilla tape? just tape the door sensors down? just a thought.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
This same annoyance finally got to me where I had to do something about it. Use a torx driver (I think it was a T15), unscrew the door switch, unplug the 2 wires, and you'll be all set. The whole process takes about 1 min., so it's not that big of a deal. Eventually I'll cut one of the 2 wires going to this switch, wire a single pole, single throw toggle switch in series, mount it under the dash, and be good to go.

Clever idea, but won't that tell the DIC that the door is open, after washing truck is done and you want to drive away, i.e. more dinging sounds ?

Old 05-27-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner
Clever idea, but won't that tell the DIC that the door is open, after washing truck is done and you want to drive away, i.e. more dinging sounds ?
Not at all.....when the door is open, the switch contacts close, completing the circuit that activates chimes, dome light, etc. Installing a toggle switch in the circuit allows you to control 'circuit open' (as if door was closed), or 'circuit closed' (as if door was open). You just flip the switch when your done, and everything is back to normal.

Quick Reply: 2006 Hummer H3 Disable door Chime