PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2006 H3 remote entry/alarm working intermittently

Old 02-23-2015, 10:56 PM
Default 2006 H3 remote entry/alarm working intermittently

So, problem started, got a new battery, problem persists. Works fine several times in a row, then it doesn't. What could it be?

Haven't made my first payment yet, and I have had several problems.

PASSLOCK acted up... Cut a wire and bypassed it
Removed a the ground from battery to clean the terminal and the Temp control went to the "one click and it's hot" mode... Going to solder in resistor tomorrow
I've driven 3000 miles since I bought it.

F$&@ My Life

Old 02-24-2015, 06:22 AM

Trying to go off memory from your last post.

You've already changed the terminals? So it isn't the connection.

do you use the key fob to lock it?

Old 02-24-2015, 07:17 AM

I always use the fob. It was a little internittent so I got a new case and battery.

I did read how someone was told to disconnect their 12 volt outlet accessories when car is off. I'll try that today

Old 02-24-2015, 08:36 AM

I have never seen a truck / hummer be so sensitive to a freaking battery change any time I have disconnected a cable I go threw this same sheet. disconnect the positive cable with key out now touch the positive cable to the negative cable and leave them touching let it sit for 10 min with key on. now turn off the key it will not come out yet , now hook the cables back up, then start the hummer and let it run don't touch anything your ac/ heat control's will blink and then stop, let it run don't touch anything for 5 to 10 min. that should do it. IF it does not get your book out of glove box and reset passlock. or you can try it agine if all does not reset driver side window wont go down or ac off flashing in D.I.C an key fob wont work, then try it agine it will work be patient

Old 02-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by woodwardsh3
I have never seen a truck / hummer be so sensitive to a freaking battery change any time I have disconnected a cable I go threw this same sheet. disconnect the positive cable with key out now touch the positive cable to the negative cable and leave them touching let it sit for 10 min with key on. now turn off the key it will not come out yet , now hook the cables back up, then start the hummer and let it run don't touch anything your ac/ heat control's will blink and then stop, let it run don't touch anything for 5 to 10 min. that should do it. IF it does not get your book out of glove box and reset passlock. or you can try it agine if all does not reset driver side window wont go down or ac off flashing in D.I.C an key fob wont work, then try it agine it will work be patient
I have no idea where you guys get this... "touch the positive cable to the negative cable" stuff, it does NOTHING for a GM vehicle, these things are not Fords. I just put in my third new battery (the first 2 were each 4 years old when they puked) and have never had any issues? Just start and let the systems reset, takes maybe 3 minutes.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AR15wheeler
So, problem started, got a new battery, problem persists. Works fine several times in a row, then it doesn't. What could it be?

Haven't made my first payment yet, and I have had several problems.

PASSLOCK acted up... Cut a wire and bypassed it
Removed a the ground from battery to clean the terminal and the Temp control went to the "one click and it's hot" mode... Going to solder in resistor tomorrow
I've driven 3000 miles since I bought it.

F$&@ My Life
Since I cannot remember, did you already replace the garbage OEM battery terminal connectors? Every time the stock terminal connectors are removed and put back they work less effectively until the electrical Gremlins take over.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:22 PM

If memory serves me, you already bought the vehicle with aftermarket battery terminals.

I have mentioned this in the past, I had passlock issues during the cold winter months. When I stopped using my FOB to lock the vehicle, I stopped having passlock problems. How are they related? Well, the security only activates when you use the key fob to lock the vehicle.

I believe using the door panel buttons don'..t. Therefore never tripping your passlock.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:17 PM

I assume it has the original terminal ends to the battery. The negative had a little corrosion so I removed and cleaned and put it back. It did seem to reconnect very snug. I unplugged my phone charger and I had a blue tooth/FM modulator thing plugged in. So I took it out too. Remote worked the couple times I tried it today. A corrosion free snuggly fitting battery cable is all you can ask for rite? Or is there so other issue with them? And could that be related to the passcode BS I bypassed? I've had GM trucks of all types for the past 20 years. Never Had these electrical problems. Always was able to rack up tons of miles on them. My H3 will roll over 100,000 tonight on my way home.

Last edited by AR15wheeler; 02-24-2015 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-24-2015, 09:51 PM

I have the issue with it not working at certain places, and I assume something is jamming the signal at those places. Mine always does it at the same places though

Old 02-24-2015, 11:26 PM

It's the most fragile temperamental car I have ever owned. How the hell do people go off road with these things? If you look at it funny a red light comes on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 H3 remote entry/alarm working intermittently