PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Hummer H3 No Air/Heat, Blower Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Default 07 Hummer H3 No Air/Heat, Blower Motor?

I have a 2007 Hummer H3. The other day the air conditiner and heat completely stopped working. No air whatsoever is coming out of the vents.

No sound when I turn the ***** either. Anyone have a similiar issue and if so, any recommendations?

GM says the powertrain 100,000 warranty does not cover the Air Conditioner, so any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:18 AM

tons of threads/posts about blower motor terminal connector failure and fix.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:45 AM

Most likely the blower motor resistor and pigtail/harness.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:28 PM

Yep! I pulled the connector off the one orange wire was completely burnt and the connector as well. Instead of purchasing a new wire harness, I simple cleaned it up and spliced in a new wire, and everything works!

Old 07-05-2012, 06:27 PM

I have had to change my resistor twice in my 06 h3. The second time the resistor and the pigtail melted together. The post that craig has is awsome save me so much money. My pigtail was unrepairable so Bought a new on from dealer for $52.31. Changed harness and resistor myself. For anyone who wants the gm part number for the 06 h3 is 25949869. My ac is working great now. I think i will get another resistor and pigtail to keep in my garage for future repairs.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Default Another one bites the dust!

Hey Gang,

Just thought you'd like to know I am going through the same ordeal with my 2006 H3.

Last week we had a cold snap here in the Northeast. The blower was working fine, but around a week ago I noticed a burnt electrical smell in the cab. I turned off the blower and it went away. I though this could have been my cigarette plug power source for my XM radio.

So this morning on the way to work I was zoning out on the road and figuring out some stuff I needed to do at work today when all of a sudden my blower turned on full blast. It was noticeable because it had not been on. I thought to myself "thank you for joining us this morning, Mr Blower Motor".

I went to lunch and did not notice if it were working or not. On the way back I turned on the heat and noticed the blower wasn't blowing. There's definately heat there, just no wind.

Currently I am looking around the local auto parts stores for the resistor. Going to call a dealership as a last resort (vampires).

Just wanted you to know I feel your past pains.

Mike

Old 01-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Default You can't make this stuff up!

Soooo,

I found an auto parts store which had the resistor in stock. It was a 40 minute round trip to get the part. On the drive back, I turned the fan switch and the blower is working now. At least I have the resistor in case it does truly fail in the future. Maybe I should check the connector?

Mike

Old 03-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Default Free fix. The resistor is likely still good. The connector probably fried.

Blower motor stopped. Pulled the wiring harness (four connections). You will need to remove the right hand side of the dash (remove the two plugs on the front and then gently pull it out towards the passenger door as it is a press fit piece) and drop the glove box. Remove two screws which hold in the resistor. Cut off orange connector from the wiring harness (five wires) to the resistor which had melted together with the resistor and did an Ohm test on resistor which appeared good. Trimmed the white plastic around the resistor connector end and stripped harness wires and soldered the wires to the resistor directly. Remember to "tin" the wires and flat pins on the resistor to properly solder the two together. Re- installed wiring harness. A/C - heater fan motor purrs like a kitten. Seems to be a common GM Canyon and H3 problem. Probably should have been a recall as it is a fire hazard. Never needed to buy a part. Freebie and about 35 minutes of actual work. YouTube helped a bit. Use the same search that brought you here.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Default No blower motor H3 2006 and up

Hello all,

I have done several of these repairs. 99% of the time the resistor is not bad.
Pull the red connector out of the resistor socket and look for a burned pin.
Usually the orange wire at the end. I clip the wire and trim the connector so
the remaining 4 contacts still plug into the resistor socket. I use a female
spade connector and crimp it onto the orange wire and slide that over the exposed pin on the resistor socket. Fast cheap repair and will not burn out.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:24 PM

This is a great fix. Only took about 15 min. I already had the spade connector, I had a fuse link so I put it in, started with 15amp fuse this was to small, put 20amp been working perfect. Thanks