PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

07 H3 wipers acting up

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Banned
Default relay?

any time i see a lot of plug in parts,i swap them around and see if anything changes

Old 05-16-2012, 12:50 AM

Mine was the wiper motor on my 07. It's actually acting up again. On dry days the wipers will just do one swipe and go back to normal.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by sledneck05
you mean the square plastic pieces above the fenders? then take the wiper arms off and the plastic vent piece under the arms? how does that plastic vent piece come off?
If you mean those fake air box covers, they come off pulling straight up with a good yank. The vented piece under the wiper arms is also held in place by clips and should come off easier than the air box covers.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Smile Wiper issue fixed on my '07 H3

Problem: Wipers would cycle when Ignition key was turned on but would not "Park" correctly. Wipers worked on High, but would not "Park" correctly when turned off. Wipers would work on "Mist", but again, not "Park" in the correct position. No Intermittant or slow speed wiper function at all.

I finally got the Wiper problem fixed on my '07 H3 after much agony.

Here is the history: I replaced the wiper motor, No change.
Replaced the column switch, no change.
Replaced the BCM, no change.
I gave up and took it to the Dealer and they replaced the underhood FUSE BOX that had a short or something wrong with it.
Another Wiper motor was required as the bad FUSE BOX ruined the new wiper motor.

In short, the problem as a Bad Fuse Box. Go figure. All is well now.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:49 PM

I had the same problem. The wipers move up and down five times and stop at random places on the windshield. I took it to the dealer they said it was a body control module. I did a lot of investigating first before it's going to pay for that repair. I ended up putting a wiper motor in twice. The first time I replaced it, the problem continued again. (Remanufactured motors, they check the component inside but not the module apparently) I ordered another motor. When I received it, the outer casing was broken. I took the module off of the broken motor and put it on the 1st replacement. That fixed it and It worked great for many years!

Last edited by Murray H2; 05-02-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by rayzorback
Problem: Wipers would cycle when Ignition key was turned on but would not "Park" correctly. Wipers worked on High, but would not "Park" correctly when turned off. Wipers would work on "Mist", but again, not "Park" in the correct position. No Intermittant or slow speed wiper function at all.

I finally got the Wiper problem fixed on my '07 H3 after much agony.

Here is the history: I replaced the wiper motor, No change.
Replaced the column switch, no change.
Replaced the BCM, no change.
I gave up and took it to the Dealer and they replaced the underhood FUSE BOX that had a short or something wrong with it.
Another Wiper motor was required as the bad FUSE BOX ruined the new wiper motor.

In short, the problem as a Bad Fuse Box. Go figure. All is well now.
Another BCM bites the dust, or NOT... lol

Originally Posted by Murray H2
I had the same problem. The wipers move up and down five times and stop at random places on the windshield. I took it to the dealer they said it was a body control module. I did a lot of investigating first before I went with that repair. I ended up putting a wiper motor in twice. The first time I replaced it, the problem continued again. (Remanufactured motors, they check the component inside but not the module apparently) I ordered another motor. When I received it, the outer casing was broken. I took the module off of the broken motor and put it on the 1st replacement. That fixed it and It worked great for many years!

The problem was the WMCM (wiper motor control module), very common with symptoms noted.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Default Mine too

My wipers on my 07 H3 Lux just started the same issue yesterday. Started after going through an intense downpour on the interstate where I had the wipers on the highest speed. Fortunately, the issue started when the rain was subsiding (was just finishing a 600 mile drive).

The wipers were on fastest intermittent setting, and they stopped in the middle of the window. Changing speeds would get them moving enough to at least let me get off the interstate. Then they would work but they would hesitate.

Wondering if some water got into the control module. I seem to recall this happening once before but seemed to be an isolated incident.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:42 AM
Default Wiper problems

Tried different wiper motors and everything mentioned here. Finally gave up and took it to the stealership. Mine turned out to be a bad fuse box. Go figure.