PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 H3 squeaks over bumps

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 07:36 AM
Default 07 H3 squeaks over bumps

My 07 H3 squeaks over bumps...bad. I've recently replaced all shocks and leaf springs, but some of the squeaks are still there. Any suggestions where these noises could be coming from and how to resolve them? Thanks!

Old 03-23-2019, 10:17 PM

outaide of disassembling the hole vwhicle bolt by bolt bushing by bushing no. its a 12 year old vehicle its going to squeak. nature of the beast. old skool solution. turn up the radio

Old 03-24-2019, 04:30 AM

Try giving it a good undercarriage wash! Sand and mud can accumulate over time leading to lots of squeaks in many different places. Otherwise you need to check every bushing for dry rot and every bolt is tight!

Old 03-24-2019, 09:46 PM

Leaf springs squeak. Both of my SUV's have rear leaf springs. They're noisy. One of the reason most vehicles have gone to coil springs. There are supposed to be plastic silencers on the end of each leaf to help reduce noise and they disappear over time. If you replaced the leafs and those plastic pieces are not there, try cleaning the leafs and, with weight off the springs, try to get a high quality grease in between the leafs. Enough about the leaf springs. Next, check those sway bar links and bushings. Mine squeak badly and are on the list of to be replaced.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:00 PM

Check the tire jack assembly inside the rear door compartment, my squeaks in some conditions. I haven't gotten it completely quiet yet but just tightening it back down helped a lot.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:54 AM

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check the sway bar links and jack assembly next.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:04 AM

I know people have had problems with the body mounts squeaking. They've cleaned and lubed them and corrected the problem. I know there's a few on each side of the frame, but don't know how many or locations. Try a search. Good luck.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:36 PM

Squeaks are a sign of a failing part(s). Find it before you end up walking. Btw, my '07 doesn't squeak and I never changed leaf springs.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:52 AM

Leaf springs are notorious for squeaks! If you offroad the truck or drive it in a dusty environment dirt will eventually build up and cause the leaf springs/bushings to squeak as they move.
Whenever I take my truck to the desert it xomes back squeaking. A really good undercarriage wash endsup solving it!

Old 03-26-2019, 02:30 PM

Broken Halo suggested checking the body mount points on both sides of the vehicle.
There is one just behind the front wheels, under the doors and one in the middle of the body about half way down.
The third body mount is just in front of the both rear wheels. (six total)
They are easy to get to and you can use some dry spray silicone on the rubber parts.
This procedure has worked for me

Quick Reply: 07 H3 squeaks over bumps