PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 H3 Shakes on highway at 65+ mph, normal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:44 AM

Thanks again for all the input fellas, I really appreciate it. I will give my Carmax salesman a call tomorrow and see what he'll do for me.

airborne, thanks for the info regarding the Tactical Edition. I had heard of TE wheels, but didn't know it was an actual special edition of the H3.

Brian, thanks for the info and for your web page linked above (Tact. Ed. page).

wkr, good luck with yours. I'm hoping mine is just a wheel balance issue. I don't feel any vibration at lower speeds or idle, just when I get on the highway above 55 or 60 mph.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by amyandmark3
Thanks again for all the input fellas, I really appreciate it. I will give my Carmax salesman a call tomorrow and see what he'll do for me.

airborne, thanks for the info regarding the Tactical Edition. I had heard of TE wheels, but didn't know it was an actual special edition of the H3.
On my previous H3, I had a vibration that started around 55mph. It turned out that when I had "leveled" it, it had raised itself up to around 24" on both sides. I dropped it down to 23.50" and it stopped. I couldn't tell from your pic if it had been leveled.
Also, do yourself a favor and remove the spare tire cover and check to see if your spare has the center cap on it. If it doesn't you might see if Carmax will help with the cost of getting one. The black centers are $100.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:08 PM

Thanks again for that info, will check for the center on the spare. I have no idea about the leveling, here's a few more pics though:

Old 06-26-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by amyandmark3
Thanks again for that info, will check for the center on the spare. I have no idea about the leveling, here's a few more pics though:

Nope, it's not leveled...hopefully it's just an easy fix then

Old 06-26-2011, 07:02 PM

Thanks airborne. Gonna give our sales guy a call in the morning.

Mark

Old 06-27-2011, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
They may not be the best for off-road use, but for gas mileage and smoothness - they're hard to beat. This problem is not because of the brand/size/style of tire.
Not wanting to get into a big debate but myself and many others have been witness to the severe cupping those half-a@@ crap tires have a tendency to do. I can only imagine what those tires, used, would do sitting on a lot for any period of time. I'm not saying its the silver bullet, just dont overlook them.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 AM

Quick update: Talked with my sales rep. today and he says they will take care of it. I have to drop the H3 off this afternoon and HOPEFULLY it will be fixed by tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone for your comments, info, and warm welcome.

Mark

Old 06-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Hi,
I have heard the term " levelling the H3 " a few times on the forum here. What does that mean exactly? what is the advantage of doing that?

tx
Joost

Old 06-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Banned
Default a few times !!

more like a few thousand but anyway, some say leveling the front end ,actually it means raising the front so the h3 looks level front to back. because its aerodynamics are like 2 bricks,gm pitched it forward to improve mileage and in the eyes of some,look cool.
when u level it u take it out of the design center for suspension travel but no big deal it seems. but u loose mpg.
you also might be able to see overhead traffic lites without laying down to the right, or just waiting for the horns to start blowing.
in the 50's a tail dragger was "in",,,the 60's put the nose on the ground. h3 is a little "60's', till u flatten it

Old 06-29-2011, 03:33 PM

Weds. Update: H3 was sent from Carmax to Penske dealer for 'road balance' which could not be done at Carmax. Penske couldn't get to it until today, then they tell Carmax that it probably needs new tires. I'm assuming it must have still been shaking when driving at speed, didn't get that much detail in the voice mail. If Carmax replaces the tires and it still shakes only at 60+ mph, any guesses?

Mark

Quick Reply: 07 H3 Shakes on highway at 65+ mph, normal?