PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Wife's "New" Toy Comes Home ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
Why are you interested in purchasing from a dealer ... ? You will do much better from a private seller saving doc and other "bs" fees. Depending on your State, you may even save sales tax ... that is the case in GA, at least until March 2013.

After selling my '05 SUT for the much improved '08 model, I would definitely buy an '08/'09 model. They are more expensive, but if you can afford it, they are well worth the upgrade.

s.
If you buy from a dealer you get a warranty, have the option of an extended warrannty, get a car that has been safety inspected & have finance options...you can trade in a veichle & get the tax credit....sometimes it's worth the star money for less hassle! Can you tell I'm in the car business... oh yeah some of us don't like the new interior...seems too refined for a Hummer... :-)

Old 12-19-2012, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by hummervirgin
Thanks for the info. Well I currently live in Canada so I figured perhaps going through a dealer would be easier than going through a private seller.

Hummers are cheaper in the USA than Canada. Plus I want to buy one that has little to no rust. The ones I have looked at here are very rusty especially with the older models.

I have purchased cars in the past from eBay but they have never been through private sellers. All my purchases has been great so far
I can understand your reasoning. I must say that I sold a set of motorcycle race leathers on Ebay to a Canadian buyer several years ago ... he was great to deal with, but I would not sell again outside the U.S. The shipping hassle was not worth it. I cannot imagine what hassle would be involved with buying a car. Maybe it would be no different than buying/selling locally, I wouldn't know.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
If you buy from a dealer you get a warranty, have the option of an extended warrannty, get a car that has been safety inspected & have finance options...you can trade in a veichle & get the tax credit....sometimes it's worth the star money for less hassle! Can you tell I'm in the car business... oh yeah some of us don't like the new interior...seems too refined for a Hummer... :-)
I would not expect a reply any less than that from a dealer .... .... I will take the high road here and say no more than to agree to disagree.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:04 PM

I would not expect a reply any less than that from a dealer .... .... I will take the high road here and say no more than to agree to disagree.
Everything I stated was fact! you have no recourse buying from private owner....p.s I'm not a dealer...I just work for one & have been in the business for over 20 years & know the risks of buying a used car...even from a dealer...some dealers are scummy...alway research a dealer before before doing business with them...

Old 12-19-2012, 08:18 PM

I can understand your reasoning. I must say that I sold a set of motorcycle race leathers on Ebay to a Canadian buyer several years ago ... he was great to deal with, but I would not sell again outside the U.S. The shipping hassle was not worth it. I cannot imagine what hassle would be involved with buying a car. Maybe it would be no different than buying/selling locally, I wouldn't know.
I ship internationally for a living and never really have any issues (I ship fedex). Everything I do goes air and is hassle free

Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by nlhummer
I ship internationally for a living and never really have any issues (I ship fedex). Everything I do goes air and is hassle free
I will keep this in mind next time the need to ship out of the U.S arises .

Old 12-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Default 07/08 difference

always loved the yellow h2...in 07 bought one, almost got the orange/red 08 but yellow was my favorite. Other than interior what are the true differences? Also My husband can buy me ANY kind of CAR but I have continued and always drive my H2. Cars don't feel as safe. I would sooo love to see a new one come out Nothing I have driven has compared to this machine!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by seadooprincess
always loved the yellow h2...in 07 bought one, almost got the orange/red 08 but yellow was my favorite. Other than interior what are the true differences? Also My husband can buy me ANY kind of CAR but I have continued and always drive my H2. Cars don't feel as safe. I would sooo love to see a new one come out Nothing I have driven has compared to this machine!
Although it looks the same on the outside, '08/'09's are a completely different vehicle .... '08/'09's get the 393 bhp/415btq 6.2 L92 aluminum-block vs. the 325bhp/316bhp/360btq/365btq 6.0 LQ4 iron-block (0-60 in 7.0 seconds), a 6l80E 6-speed with tap shift vs. the 4l65E 4-speed (she cruises at 2,000 rpm at 80 mph), an 8,000 tow capacity vs. 6,500 tow capacity, revised smoother suspension, body mounted shoulder belts, remote start system, head curtain air bags with roll over sensor, quieter ride, 20" wheels available and an all new interior .... dash, instrument gauges, console, door panels, controls, audio equipment including 6-disc changer with seperate NAV disc drive, rear camera video and seats out of the Denali and Escalade.

The '09's get the an electric tilt and heated steering wheel, bluetooth for your cell phone, E85 Flexfuel capable and available rear seat captains chairs.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
If you buy fro the dealer you do not automatically get a warranty unless there is factory warranty (which you would have from a private party too.

Extended warranty is pissing money out the window most of the time. I have never done so and never regretted it.
Finance options? Pay cash?
Trading in ? Yes that is my reason to go. I do not like selling it out right most of the times due to the fact that there is usually something wrong with the car. That is why I sell. I always buy used so no tax credits for me.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by nlhummer
If you buy fro the dealer you do not automatically get a warranty unless there is factory warranty (which you would have from a private party too.

Extended warranty is pissing money out the window most of the time. I have never done so and never regretted it.
Finance options? Pay cash?
Trading in ? Yes that is my reason to go. I do not like selling it out right most of the times due to the fact that there is usually something wrong with the car. That is why I sell. I always buy used so no tax credits for me.
Since I am a warranty manager at a dealership that has over 400 used cars in stock let me tell you that getting an extented warranty is not pissing $ away...it's cheap insurance if something major goes wrong! I can't tell you how many people cry the blues when their car breaks & I ask why they did not purchase the extended warranty...best is when they say I was not offered it...I pull the deal and show them they refused it...it's usually guys in thier 20's that think they know everything... I have 2 lifts in my garage & am very capable when it comes to working on cars & I always get an extented warranty & the same goes for my wife's car...which just broke( 2010 FJ cruiser) she got a loaner & 2 new front hub bearings...$50.00 deductable & minimal agervation...$ well spent in my book!
As far as tax break...if you trade in your $10,000 car that gets deducted from the cost of your new car...you do not pay sales tax on the $10,000.... That's your tax break.

Any car 07 (as of yesterday...was06) or newer gets a 60 day 3000 mile warranty in Ct....we warranty older pos with a 30 day 1000 mile complete mechanical failure only warranty...which protects you if engine or transmission blow up...this is te car you need an extented warranty on...unless you want headaches in the future...