PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife's "New" Toy Comes Home ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Default Wife's "New" Toy Comes Home ...

I have been spending virtually every free moment looking for another car for my wife. The SLK350 is just too small and has few "gidgets & gadgets" ... she wants back into a "G". Instead of an '08 G35S sedan this time, it's an '09 G37S coupe. I could not imagine it was sooooo hard to find this car in a worth-buying condition. Everything we looked at was either sprayed, wrecked, trashed or was not what we were looking for (Sport, automatic & navigation with Graphite interior). Even cars at the Infiniti dealerships were not up to par.

Success .... ! We had to go to Jacksonville, FL for it, but it gave me a chance to use my "new" trailer. Here she is coming home ... Sport package, Obsidian (black) on Graphite (black), 7-speed automatic, navigation, factory spoiler (no deck-mounted 3rd brake light) & illuminated kick plates. This thing has factory paint from bumper cover to bumper cover, perfect interior, mint wheels (not a single scuff) and original tires with 28k miles. Actually, the tires gotta go ... we just mounted a fresh set of Michelin's new Super Sports on it.

Name:  2012-01-21161648.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  174.7 KB

Name:  2012-01-21161558.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  171.7 KB

Old 01-26-2012, 09:58 PM

both are nice looking machines! how did the h2 pull the car?

steve

Old 01-26-2012, 10:15 PM

Those infinitys are nice...pretty quick for a luxury car!

Old 01-27-2012, 03:40 AM

Gald you found a clean Nissan for the wife. More pix of the H2 would be even nicer!

Old 01-27-2012, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
both are nice looking machines! how did the h2 pull the car?

steve
Absolutely awesome ... I was very impressed.

I started getting some front end noise last month while making right turns and, after not finding any clean G37S's anywhere around Atlanta, realized we were going to have to travel to find what we wanted. We tore into the front end and replaced the front hub assemblies and at the recommendation of a posting on here AND my wife, replaced the CV axles while it was apart. It drove like a new truck and actually improved mileage!

We pulled our empty trailer down to Jacksonville (from Atlanta) and, as with any unloaded trailer, it rode pretty rough. The return trip was smooth a silk though. We got 10.5 mph down and 8.5 mpg on the way back fully loaded. The trailer unloaded is 1,800# and the "G" weighs 3,650#. Trailer haul rating is 5,200# (7,000 GVWR) which is more than enough for my '02 drag Camaro which is why I bought the trailer. My Camaro should be ready for the track this season. This was the trailer's maiden voyage loaded.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
Those infinitys are nice...pretty quick for a luxury car!
You are correct ... they actually are fairly quick. Her last car was an SKL350 which she only had for five months because it was too small (sold it yesterday) and we traded an '08 G35S Sedan for the SLK. So she is on her second new-body "G". The G37S Coupe is 330 bhp as compared to the 306 bhp of the '08 G35S and she loves it.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Gald you found a clean Nissan for the wife. More pix of the H2 would be even nicer!
Hmmm ... here are a couple from St. George Island, Florida over the summer. These are before the added chrome (proper tail light gaurds, louvers & "intake" covers).

Name:  Dsc_3948.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  209.5 KB

Name:  Dsc_3966.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  200.3 KB

Name:  Dsc_3962.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  186.7 KB

Name:  Dsc_3950.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  213.9 KB

Old 12-18-2012, 01:03 AM

I'm in the market for a Hummer 2. Any dealer recommendations?

Old 12-18-2012, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by hummervirgin
I'm in the market for a Hummer 2. Any dealer recommendations?
Why are you interested in purchasing from a dealer ... ? You will do much better from a private seller saving doc and other "bs" fees. Depending on your State, you may even save sales tax ... that is the case in GA, at least until March 2013.

After selling my '05 SUT for the much improved '08 model, I would definitely buy an '08/'09 model. They are more expensive, but if you can afford it, they are well worth the upgrade.

As far as your original question, you will be at the mercy of wahtever dealer has what you are looking for. I was lucky to find what I was looking for ... 1 of 750 Ultra Marine Editions ... at the time, there were only 4 for sale in the U.S. We drove from Atlanta to Ohio for this one and yes, private seller!

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/p...uv-only-29176/

Good luck and use all of the internet search tools.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the info. Well I currently live in Canada so I figured perhaps going through a dealer would be easier than going through a private seller.

Hummers are cheaper in the USA than Canada. Plus I want to buy one that has little to no rust. The ones I have looked at here are very rusty especially with the older models.

I have purchased cars in the past from eBay but they have never been through private sellers. All my purchases has been great so far

Quick Reply: Wife's "New" Toy Comes Home ...