PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seafoam in the intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 09:09 AM
Default Seafoam in the intake manifold

07 h3. Pulled everything off from the air cleaner box to the throttle body. Cleaned the maf sensor, lightly blew compressed air through it. Next, tried to setup the spray seafoam w/ the curved black piece holding the red extension stick 1/4" passed the butterfly in the throttle body, put everything back together. Start the vehicle, running very rough, engine light comes on. Pull everything apart, take seafoam stick out, put it all back together, start vehicle, runs fine, but engine light still on. Disconnect battery 20 minutes, reconnect, start, no light, runs great. Figure there was not a tight seal around throttle body.
So, where is a good place to put seafoam through the intake manifold (vacuum line?).

Old 03-15-2018, 11:34 AM

I personally don't use it that way. I put in the gas tank. Techron works the best for our H3 so that's what we use in em.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:28 PM

Techron, got it! In your fuel tank, or into t.b./i.m. ?
As far as the seafoam goes, I did put a bottle in the fuel tank when I filled up. I also put half a bottle in the engine oil crankcase when ready for an oil change, run a couple hundred miles, & change oil.
However, my favorite way is to dump 1/2 - 2/3 of a bottle into the brake booster vacuum line.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

There is no good place to put it your intake. Seafoam is not a repair in a bottle. Until it starts turning wrenches, it ain't doin squat.

If you constantly use cheap crap gas, it might help by throwing some down the fuel tank to clean crud caused by sub-par fuel. If you stick with quality fuel, you will never ever need it. Its purpose is to drain your wallet because you think it might be doing something. That appears to work for you.

Compressed air and MAF sensors do not go together. All they need is a spray with MAF cleaner and a few minutes to dry.

To clean the TB, remove it from the truck, spray and wipe inside and out with TB cleaner, nothing else.

Disconnecting the battery does not clear any stored code for any GM vehicles. In some emission related items, it may turn the light off, but the code will remain and as soon as the vehicle reaches operating temp, if the condition that turned on the light still exists, it will be back. You should get it scanned to see what the code is.

Good luck.