PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tonneau cover help

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Default tonneau cover help

The 05 Black H2 SUT we bought came with a tonneau cover but it is not on. I was wondering how hard it is to put on, does anyone know? I have all the parts to do it, I am just not sure where to start or how to do it.

Thanks!

Marc

Old 05-29-2007, 04:08 AM
Default RE: tonneau cover help

Is any part of it installed on the truck? The reason I ask is because, if the rails are installed, the lid is easy to put on. If the whole thing needs installed, you might want to get the dealer to do it. It even takes them 2 to 3 hours to install one.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

Is any part of it installed on the truck? The reason I ask is because, if the rails are installed, the lid is easy to put on. If the whole thing needs installed, you might want to get the dealer to do it. It even takes them 2 to 3 hours to install one.
Yes, the rails are on but the part that connects to cover to the rails is not (the two "arms" that hold it up).

I can see the rails on each side but there is nothing in the rails. Is that what you mean?

Old 05-29-2007, 01:59 PM

If the rails are on the truck, then all you need to do is put the top on. If they took it off the easy way, you should only have to mess with 6 bolts.

At the base of each shock there should be three holes on the brackets. If everything is on there right, they should line up with the rails near the back.

If you need pic's of mine installed, let me know.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:04 PM

If the rails are on the truck, then all you need to do is put the top on. If they took it off the easy way, you should only have to mess with 6 bolts.

At the base of each shock there should be three holes on the brackets. If everything is on there right, they should line up with the rails near the back.

If you need pic's of mine installed, let me know.
I need pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

The rails are installed but have quite a few parts (screws, bolts and brackets) that are just in a bag. I assume the brackets have to be installed also, I am not sure how it goes together though. I will go take some pics of how it looks and post them.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Old 05-29-2007, 07:01 PM

You don't have the rails on there. Did he give you the side rails? I don't see them in the pic.

To install the whole thing, it can take hours. I would not want to do it[:@] Hummer had a crappy design with the cover. It is way to involved to take the whole thing off and on.

Here are some pic's of mine, and you can see the side rails. Once the cover is on, you can remove the 3 hex bolts at the bottom of the shock on each side. This will remove the cover and leave everything else there so you don't have to line it up again.

Name:  SUTCover001.jpg
Views: 1611
Size:  69.2 KB

Name:  SUTCover002.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  79.5 KB

Name:  SUTCover003.jpg
Views: 1985
Size:  63.0 KB

Name:  SUTCover005.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  70.7 KB

Pardon the dirt

Old 05-29-2007, 08:02 PM

You don't have the rails on there. Did he give you the side rails? I don't see them in the pic.

To install the whole thing, it can take hours. I would not want to do it[:@] Hummer had a crappy design with the cover. It is way to involved to take the whole thing off and on.

Here are some pic's of mine, and you can see the side rails. Once the cover is on, you can remove the 3 hex bolts at the bottom of the shock on each side. This will remove the cover and leave everything else there so you don't have to line it up again.

Pardon the dirt
Ok, so now I am REALLY confused. LOL Is it just me or does your's look different? Your rail part doesn't look like my rails, does it? I can tell I am missing the two large parts and I think that is what is in my bag but it looks nearly impossible to figure out how they all go together.

I did read somewhere that putting them on can be a bitch because it has to be lined up right. And being that I have no idea what I am doing, I might just let someone that knows what they are doing do it. I found someone that will put it on for $50 so I think I may save the headache and have them do it.

Thanks for the pics!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:07 PM

Your rails are the same. You take all that stuff off of mine and it looks just like yours. If it was me............I'd let someone else do it

Old 05-29-2007, 08:24 PM

Your rails are the same. You take all that stuff off of mine and it looks just like yours. If it was me............I'd let someone else do it
Yea, that's what we are going to do. I would hate to screw something up.