Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Small H2 lift that retains air suspension?

Old 06-06-2018, 10:32 PM
Default Small H2 lift that retains air suspension?

I have a 2005 H2 SUT. Im going up to 37" tires from the 35" Im running now. I would like to add a small lift. Is there one available that retains use of the air suspension? I trailer with this truck and really like the air suspension.
Or, is there an air suspension kit for the front? That would be kind of cool to be able to adjust height front and back.

Attached Thumbnails Small H2 lift that retains air suspension?-20160420_145853.jpg  
Old 06-08-2018, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF!

I moved this for you as you posted in an archive only old drivetrain section. If this does not get much attention, ask the question again in the H2 section, it is a bit more active. Good luck.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:33 AM

First of all, nice rig!

I've looked into this myself and pretty much everything says you have to ditch the air ride and convert to springs. Except for one. Rancho has two lift kits for the H2 - the only difference is one is for factory air ride and the other is for factory springs in the rear. Both are expensive ($2500+ plus install) and both require cutting the front up some and welding on components, etc. and is a 4" lift kit. Rancho # RS6557B.

The one for the air ride includes aluminum spacers for under the rear air bags and two different length extended ride height sensor shafts. These couple of components are actually very simple. its something I'm considering fabricating myself one day, but that day is long ways away... I've downloaded the instructions and pictures of the kit and there really is not much to the spacers and shafts. You need to extend the sensor shafts so the air ride does not freak out and still adjusts like it does now.

I've also thought that full air ride on all 4 wheels would be awesome (particularly with more range of maybe 4 inches) but there is no off the shelf kit that will do that. It can be done but a custom shop would have to do this for you and it will be very very expensive and likely a permanent modification.

So my plan eventually will be to use some alternative torsion keys for the front, along with longer shocks and new UCA's and then fabricate the spacers and sensor shafts (along with longer shocks) for the rear and get myself about a 3" overall lift that can easily be put back to 100% stock.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 AM

I have 37" tires on mine and did not need any lift kit,,,

Old 07-18-2018, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by RaphB
I have 37" tires on mine and did not need any lift kit,,,
What size wheel are using?

Old 07-19-2018, 10:30 AM

I used the original wheels with the BFGoodridge 37" tires which gives me the proper proportion for the truck while retaining the original equipment...

Old 07-19-2018, 10:31 AM

No need for lift kits...

Old 07-19-2018, 10:23 PM

I have 26 inch wheels & I'm puting 37s on them. Hopefully it'll fit. If not maybe just a levelling kit will do.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:25 PM

Nice SUT by the way.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:11 PM

Cool, thanks a lot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Small H2 lift that retains air suspension?