Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Side mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 12:55 PM
Default Side mirrors

I'm having issues with my side mirrors on my 2007 H2 SUT. they will fold out with the button but wont fold in when use the button. Plus when I try to adjust them , they will adjust outward and inward but not up or down. I changed the switch board on the drivers door that has all the window switches and switches for the side mirrors but nothing changed it's doing the same with the new switches. Does anyone have any ideas on what going on . Help needed please thank you

Old 07-15-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Maya1john
I'm having issues with my side mirrors on my 2007 H2 SUT. they will fold out with the button but wont fold in when use the button. Plus when I try to adjust them , they will adjust outward and inward but not up or down. I changed the switch board on the drivers door that has all the window switches and switches for the side mirrors but nothing changed it's doing the same with the new switches. Does anyone have any ideas on what going on . Help needed please thank you
your mirror motors are bad. each mirror has 2 motors, one is for folding in and out and the other for mirror movement. You will have to buy new ones or used ones that work but they too will break. The 08-09 mirrors you can find the motors and replace them which I did and I'm saving them as my spare.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:11 PM

This topic has been has been covered for an 05 on the H2 sub-forum, you can review this here

Comparing the 07 and 05 wiring diagrams, they look very similar, if not the same with the exception of the Electro-Chromic Mirror option which is missing from my 07 diagram.

The two Door Modules are intelligent and communicate via Class 2 Serial data with the BCU, so it's curious fault. Either the LH Control Module still isn't working OR there is a fault with the pan/tilt mirror motors on both LH and RH sides.

Earlier mechanisms had a problem with damaged plastic drive-gears, but its odd you have the same fault both sides. Has there been any mods or work done?

Each Door Module 1st attempts to Park the mirrors on both sides, then confirms they are Home, then Retracts the arms, the arms will not Retract if either mirror is not in its "Home" position. However the arms will Extend regardless as you've mentioned your's does.

Can you hear the up/down motors attempting to move?

Some internal photos of the mirrors would be useful to see what your pan/tilt mirror assembly looks like, or perhaps somone can tell me if they are similar?

Attached Files

Last edited by oceanbrave; 09-24-2019 at 03:13 PM.