PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New H2T Owner Needs help

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 07:30 PM
Default New H2T Owner Needs help

Hey guys, I've owned 5 H3's and know all the normal issues, I just bought a 2006 H2T today and there's a small button that shows a SUV with a back tire highlighted, I was thinking that's the air ride button, but when i press it nothing happens. I didn't get an owners manual with it so when googling it nothing really pulls up.. Can someone tell me if it does have air ride and if so where are the pumps?

Old 11-19-2017, 09:45 AM

https://my.gm.com/learn/2006/H2/?make=HUMMER

Manual......

That button is the rear air ride. Possible something was wrong and rather than fix it someone removed it and installed coil springs.

The compressor is at the very rear underneath the truck on a platform. Must be moving less than 40mph and all doors closed. The button will raise the rear about two inches if its working right.

Also read up on the 4WD controls. They do NOT work like the 4WD controls on most GM trucks since these are AWD. Using them in the wrong way can damage things...

I personally like the air ride. Yes if the compressor goes that is somewhat pricey to replace but the air bags themselves are not very expensive and last as long as shocks do and they do give a slightly better ride and are awesome for towing.

Old 11-19-2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
https://my.gm.com/learn/2006/H2/?make=HUMMER

Manual......

That button is the rear air ride. Possible something was wrong and rather than fix it someone removed it and installed coil springs.

The compressor is at the very rear underneath the truck on a platform. Must be moving less than 40mph and all doors closed. The button will raise the rear about two inches if its working right.

Also read up on the 4WD controls. They do NOT work like the 4WD controls on most GM trucks since these are AWD. Using them in the wrong way can damage things...

I personally like the air ride. Yes if the compressor goes that is somewhat pricey to replace but the air bags themselves are not very expensive and last as long as shocks do and they do give a slightly better ride and are awesome for towing.
I found it, however i can press the button and it doesn't do anything. I've had it running and sitting still and moving and still nothing.. Any ideas?

Old 11-19-2017, 01:06 PM

It takes a couple of minutes to raise up if it is working right and the light on the button will flash when it is raising or lowering. If it is not doing anything I'd take a peek underneath and see if you even still have airbags in the back. If you see coil springs than the air ride was removed and disabled.

If the air bags are there than it is time to start checking fuses. If its working you will also hear the compressor run a tiny bit sometimes if you are in the truck at a funky angle - it will adjust some to level the rear end. If you had a leak the rear end on one or both sides would be sitting very low giving it the rather horrifying "Carolina Squat" look and would ride terrible in the rear since it would be sitting on the bump stops.

Short of it being removed and disabled or a bad fuse or something unplugged you pretty much need a Tech2 to troubleshoot or diagnose it any further.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
It takes a couple of minutes to raise up if it is working right and the light on the button will flash when it is raising or lowering. If it is not doing anything I'd take a peek underneath and see if you even still have airbags in the back. If you see coil springs than the air ride was removed and disabled.

If the air bags are there than it is time to start checking fuses. If its working you will also hear the compressor run a tiny bit sometimes if you are in the truck at a funky angle - it will adjust some to level the rear end. If you had a leak the rear end on one or both sides would be sitting very low giving it the rather horrifying "Carolina Squat" look and would ride terrible in the rear since it would be sitting on the bump stops.

Short of it being removed and disabled or a bad fuse or something unplugged you pretty much need a Tech2 to troubleshoot or diagnose it any further.
I'll check the fuse when i get home, I pressed the button but only for a few sec, I'll update once i get home. Thanks for your help