Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H2 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/)
-   -   H2 2003 Unknown driver (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/h2-2003-unknown-driver-25594/)

Dule-p 10-04-2011 07:35 AM

H2 2003 Unknown driver

Hello everybody!!!
Before few days, my h2 stoped working. On display is "Unknown driver", and it can not start engine, actually it start on a second and then turn off, (like immobilizer).
Central locking, el.windows, gauges, radio....does not working too!!
Unfortunately, i have only one key without remote.

I searched forum and i find similar post, but I didn't find right answer.
Can someone help me???
Thanks in advance!!

GMCustomerService 10-04-2011 03:00 PM

This sounds like there is an issue with the vehicle recognizing your key. I would recommend contacting your local dealer for a diagnosis. I can also look into this further for you with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Pauldy 10-05-2011 11:25 AM

I doubt it's your key it's the fact you don't have the FOB. The fob used designates what driver 1 or 2 based off the order you program them. Worst case is somehow you trashed your ECM, try mashing the button labeled 1 on the door and see if that displays driver one on the DIC if it does then your problem is the key fob and you should probably try and pick on up they aren't expensive about 30 bucks. If that doesn't work your probably going to have to take it to a dealer cause the likelihood it is an ECM failure is pretty high.

Dule-p 10-07-2011 07:25 AM

I tried it with a button on the door, and nothing is changing, and nothing appears on the display when you press the button. I recorded video, to show you "signs" after switching ignition off. Every time, these signs are different, you can watch it on this video.
Is this problem with engine control unit or with body control module???

Hummer H2 Unknown driver problem??? - YouTube

myveryfastgt 09-14-2012 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dule-p (Post 261780)
Hello everybody!!!
Before few days, my h2 stoped working. On display is "Unknown driver", and it can not start engine, actually it start on a second and then turn off, (like immobilizer).
Unfortunately, i have only one key without remote.

I searched forum and i find similar post, but I didn't find right answer.
Can someone help me???
Thanks in advance!!

Please help!! i have the same exact problem. Just started and driving me crazy...

myveryfastgt 09-14-2012 02:37 PM

H2 2003 Unkown Driver and locks, windows, radio and more doesn't work.

Hello everybody!!!

I checked all the fuses and no luck.

Please help.

Fireman2020 10-04-2012 02:05 PM

did you get a resolution to this problem?? I am starting to have the same problems

Dule-p 10-07-2012 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Fireman2020 (Post 285623)
did you get a resolution to this problem?? I am starting to have the same problems

Problem was in BCM, passenger's and driver's door module.... Water in them !!
:confused:
I had to replace them

corbinstone 01-18-2013 11:33 PM

Help same thing is happening to my hummer

So this happend for the first time tonight with my 2003 H2. It wont start at all and is at a school parking lot. I did everything i could think of to fix it and it sounds like you have the exact same problem.

Did you find out the specific reason and fix the hummer?

Dule-p 01-19-2013 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by corbinstone (Post 291499)
So this happend for the first time tonight with my 2003 H2. It wont start at all and is at a school parking lot. I did everything i could think of to fix it and it sounds like you have the exact same problem.

Did you find out the specific reason and fix the hummer?

My friend, there was a lot of problems on my hammer, water was everywhere, in passenger's door, driver's door, engine control module and body control module. :mad: :mad: :mad: . Body control modul is located behind instrument panel, and it's hard to take it of.