Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

04 H2 blows hot everywhere all the time

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 03:56 PM
Default 04 H2 blows hot everywhere all the time

I've seen SOME threads relating to my issue, but specifically, mine blows hot all the time and from all vents. The fan speed seems fine and I can change from floor to defrost to ac vents. A/C system checks ok. Had 1 mechanic tell me I had to take to a GM dealer and get re calibrated. Took to a GM dealer and gave them the printout. The GM dealer called me back and said all of the actuators need replaced ($ 2,350.00).
I don't know much about these, but sounds funny that I would need ALL actuators replaced , when most of the functions are ok. Am I all wet? And...I have had the battery in and out prior to this happening while I replaced the radio. I have tried a couple techniques of re-calibrating the system pulling fuses, shutting door, restarting etc....to no avail. Anyone care to take a stab or point me to a thread I have missed?
At the end of the day, I won't pay 2,350.00 to get it fixed. And I'm not quite sure their diagnosis will be the fix anyway, unless someone can tell me it is the fix.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:37 PM

That GM STEALER is trying to rob you blind. The couple of lower ones can be replaced in about 20 to 30 minutes each. The top one on the passenger side is a bear but still only a couple of hours at most. The blend door actuators cost around $50 to $100 each depending on which one it is.

Take it somewhere else. The odds of them all failing at once ar slim to none. You would have noticed if one was failed as it you would have had hot on one side cold on the other. That stealership has some crooks on staff did they at least offer you some lube or a reach around??

Old 07-12-2019, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
That GM STEALER is trying to rob you blind. The couple of lower ones can be replaced in about 20 to 30 minutes each. The top one on the passenger side is a bear but still only a couple of hours at most. The blend door actuators cost around $50 to $100 each depending on which one it is.

Take it somewhere else. The odds of them all failing at once ar slim to none. You would have noticed if one was failed as it you would have had hot on one side cold on the other. That stealership has some crooks on staff did they at least offer you some lube or a reach around??
The sad part is that after the 2 grand they would charge you to replace the actuators that isn't even going to fix the problem. Don't ever take your truck to the dealer for out of warranty work

Old 07-13-2019, 05:03 AM

thanks MixMan. So, do you know which actuators control what function? And my biggest question is, could this problem be my control panel with the dual zone? (the electrical unit below my radio)

Old 07-13-2019, 07:58 AM

You sure the refrigerant side of things is functioning properly? No way all the actuators are bad at once.

Old 07-13-2019, 02:56 PM

calif phil, I was told by both mechanics that the ac system was fine and functioning.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:02 PM

you would be able to test them all and recalibrate them with a tech2 scanner if you can get someone to check it or get your own. the china ones can be had for about 280$

Old 07-13-2019, 09:03 PM

hummer_on_fumes, you think maybe control module?

Old 07-13-2019, 09:05 PM

bronxteck, Pretty sure the guys I work with may have that. Just didn't want to bother them, but may ask for a favor.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:20 PM

I would. especially if they can find your issue. I bought one a few weeks ago. it was worth it just for the PCM flash on my 03. it got rid of an annoying kick I had when down shifting. I thought it was slack in my driveline but it was actually my PCM programming was original. they had corrected the issues in later firmware updates.
you can check here https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/ to see if maybe there is an update that might mention anything about your symptoms. but that's just the flashing part of the tech2 scanner. the tool itself can diagnose and actually test and recalibrate the actuators. and tons of other parts.

Last edited by bronxteck; 07-13-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Quick Reply: 04 H2 blows hot everywhere all the time