Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

DIC: Low Oil Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Default DIC: Low Oil Pressure

2006 H2, 113K miles. DIC indicated Low Oil Pressure at idle. No engine noise, seems to run fine. Happens only at idle. Pressure gage rises correctly while accelerating, at steady speeds oil pressure steady no drops. At idle oil pressure drops normally and stays steady. Had sensor replaced, had manual oil pressure checked all ok, had oil pump replaced by dealer. Dealer installed new computer and still shows oil pressure low at idle. All electric was checked. Dealer says they cannot find the problem. Dealer wants me to replace the motor. I do not think I need a new engine. Has any one had this issue?

Old 11-05-2010, 04:19 PM

Hi if they hooked up mechanical oil gauge and drove the truck and it was fine why would they say replace the motor? Sounds like it might be a problem in the gauge in the dash or wiring because the alreadly changed the oil pressure sender and checked it with a meachanical gauge.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:03 PM

it is definitely a wire or gauge problem. Why would they say replace the engine? Thats pretty funny.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:08 PM

Turns out after an independent shop looked at the problem and double checked everything. They too are recommending an engine rebuild. Ugh! I took it back to the dealer for a new crated engine with warrantee instead of a rebuild. I ask for the old engine if they are going to discard it, so we can look into it and find what the problem is. By the way, the dealer is working with me on the price. It is very competitive to the cost of a rebuild. Thanks to all who replied.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Default EXACT same problem keeps showing low oil pressure at idle

why replace the engine whenthe mechanics say it has no problem and WHAT did you pay to replace if you don't mind saying lafitnesslady @ aol dot com if you want to keep the info private

Old 06-07-2013, 04:53 PM

I have questions on you low oil pressure issue as I am dealing with it today!

Old 11-25-2017, 11:35 PM
Exclamation H2 intermittent low oil pressure

hi fellow Hummer H2 owners...

I have an low oil pressure issue that just started today.. scary as - occurred on my way to church this morning.. intermittent low oil pressure, gauge droppings to zero and alarm comes on stating low oil pressure... appears to happen while accelerating, climbing hills etc pressure can indicate low for 30sec (scary) then return to full pressure...
I have booked a mobile mechanic to check with manual pressure gauge, also I wiring inspect the sensor wiring later today...

hopefully its just the sensor....

regards
Craig G
Perth Western Australia

Old 11-26-2017, 04:06 AM

Hope it is something simple yet mine was not the oil pump, the problem is in the top of the engine and it usually occurs 120K or so miles (in USA). The heat of the engine (something about being aluminium) cracks a ring that allows oil to seep that creates the drop in oil pressure. So early its a rebuild of the top of the engine, you'll hear the tic tic tic sound eventually. Later its an engine rebuild. The oil pump, sensors and wiring was never the problem.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:12 AM
Default buggar

I hope not... considering that its only done 60,000 miles (100k kms)

i put the scanner on it but couldnt see the MAP value change much when the gauge needle was fluctuating.... zero to full pressure...

waiting on mobile mechanic to come around and a apply manual gauge... that should give me an insight as to what the problem is... I cant afford a rebuild at this time...

i will respond with up date on Friday

Old 03-29-2019, 07:47 AM
Default Oil pressure low

I have same problem with oil pressure low and my car run smooth so just i am gonna keep checking my oil level and not worry much about the pressure because my oil level is just fine if any one got better suggestion send me

Quick Reply: DIC: Low Oil Pressure