Hummer H2 SUT For some who need the usefulness of a truck, but do not want to compromise the Hummer look, the H2 SUT does just that.

Headlight Advice and 20" wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 08:40 PM
Default Headlight Advice and 20" wheels

Hey there guys,

I've purchased a 2008 H2T from a family member in the past couple of days. It is basically perfect other than a few small details, some of which are personal feelings. First off.. I need a set of headlights. Mine are hazy and have some cracking on the lenses. The truck was in Florida so i'm thinking the sun might have wiped them. Is there a good LED alternative for these, or can I just buy OEM and stick a LED bulb in therm?

The other thing is it came with a set of MotoMetal wheels on it, which aren't awful but I'm just not a fan of the style of basically ANY of the aftermarket rims for them. I'd like to find a set of factory 20's, but they are apparently rare or $500 each and I'm just not going to pay that. Any ideas on where I might find a set for not crazy money? I'm also open to alternatives here.

Back in the summer I purchased on a whim, because I couldn't find the truck I was wanting, this black 2003 Wagon. Its supercharged and has a full header/exhaust job. It will absolutely fly. After having it a few weeks, I decided it wasn't what I wanted and have decided to sell it. Now I own them both for the time being. I'd though about trying to fix the nick-nacks with it but just can't be bothered to try to run down new trim pieces and such. It runs and drives great, just wanted something a little "Nicer"

Old 10-23-2019, 09:19 AM

Congrats on the SUT! There's an insane amount of information on LED headlights here and online. Feel free to search around to find what you're looking for. If you want to sell your 2003 there is a marketplace when HummerForums for you to do that.

Old 10-23-2019, 08:38 PM

I also like the look of the OEM 20 inch wheels and chose to keep them when I put the new tires on my 08.

I see them on ebay every so often but the price is usually a little high.

Neal

Old 10-23-2019, 09:07 PM

what are you asking for the 03?

Old 10-24-2019, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by clsimmon
Congrats on the SUT! There's an insane amount of information on LED headlights here and online. Feel free to search around to find what you're looking for. If you want to sell your 2003 there is a marketplace when HummerForums for you to do that.
I've dug around and what I've found I like is the Morimoto Super7's but I cant find any pictures off them in an H2.

Originally Posted by legerwn
I also like the look of the OEM 20 inch wheels and chose to keep them when I put the new tires on my 08.

I see them on ebay every so often but the price is usually a little high.

Neal
Yeah, I've found a guy "locally" who has 5 of them with some Wrangler SR-A's who wants 2k for the kit. If it was about any other tire I'd be all over it, but these things dont deserve street tires.

Originally Posted by bronxteck
what are you asking for the 03?
I've been asking 13,900 locally. 98K miles. Again, not a perfect truck by any stretch. Lots of rattling and such.

Old 10-27-2019, 09:47 PM

Any 7" round LED light will work in the H2's. You may have to enlarge the opening on the headlight housing once apart but it doesn't affect anything in the long run. The factory headlights will still work if you ever went back to stock. You will also have much better light output with real LED headlights than just an LED bulb replacement. Not to mention, they have become so cheap, some LED bulbs are even more than a pair of full 7" LED lights from Amazon.