PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6'' suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 02:19 AM
Default 6'' suspension lift

Im looking at getting a 6'' bulletproof lift, if anyone is running this or has a better suggestion I would like to hear about it..

Old 08-19-2011, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

I have no personal experience with Bulletproof, but I have spent a lot of time on the phone with them, and that alone would steer me clear of them. I attempted to work a deal to get a H3 into them to make a 6" kit. They wanted the guys truck, offered no form of compensation, and still wanted to charge him almost $3000 for the lift.

If you browse the forums for the vehicles they support you will find an equal amount of good and bad.... and personally that scares me. If you read what you get vs what you get with other kits.... you'll ask yourself why is it so much money. i.e. Fabtech gives you NEW coil springs which is perfect if you have an older truck. BP gives you spacers.... Fabtech gives you a new front prop chaft, BP doesn't. Fabtech is $2600 vs BP $2500... for what?

I have seen a BDS lifted H2 and I like many aspects of it. It does mirror the Fabtech Design in many ways.

I personally have a Fabtech lifted H2 and I love it. The only thing I would like to see different is the torsion bars not lowered to the level they are. BDS makes the mounts Higher on their Chevy kits, but I think that's ONLY on 1/2 ton kits. I personally have not seen the high mount kit on a 3/4ton setup.

I wish all of the lift companies were willing to sell the lift kits in smaller kit componets like Fabtech does... because I would frankenlift my H2 all over again. I did change a few componets like bumpstops and with premium shocks my H2 rides nicer than my wife's H2.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:03 PM

Thanks for the insight! The only other issue I may encounter is the air ride suspension, does this cause any serious problems when lifting the truck?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Fabtech makes two different kits... so does Rancho....

I don't know about BP... but I'd guess that since they do spacers... they do it for both air and coil....