PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2007 H2 SUT Electric Mirror Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 10:32 AM
Default 2007 H2 SUT Electric Mirror Question

I purchased 2 like new electric mirrors for my H2. The original mirrors had an issue with the electric tilt motors inside. I originally had the mirrors that had the straight post, but the 2 I purchased had the angled post. I had them for about a year before I installed them last weekend. After install, the passenger side tilts (up/down and right/left) worked fine, but the drivers side did not work. After messing with them a bit, I was able to get the drivers side to fold in and out as it should, but it would not tilt up/down or left/right. However, the passenger side folded in and would not fold back out. The passenger side will still tilt up and down and in and out. I did notice that the 2 plugs in the door harness are the same, so I assume if you got them switched up it would still work?? It has been a while since I had my last H2 SUT, so on the power fold, I assume you leave the mirror selector switch in the middle where the mirror button is lit up and then press down on the right side of the button to fold both mirrors in and press on the left side of the button to fold both mirrors back out? The obviously select whichever mirror you want to adjust to tilt up and down or side to side. Any other thing I am missing or is incorrect above?

Also, is there a place where you can buy/order just the motors for the tilts and just the mirror glass?

Old 02-28-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sooner1
I purchased 2 like new electric mirrors for my H2. The original mirrors had an issue with the electric tilt motors inside. I originally had the mirrors that had the straight post, but the 2 I purchased had the angled post. I had them for about a year before I installed them last weekend. After install, the passenger side tilts (up/down and right/left) worked fine, but the drivers side did not work. After messing with them a bit, I was able to get the drivers side to fold in and out as it should, but it would not tilt up/down or left/right. However, the passenger side folded in and would not fold back out. The passenger side will still tilt up and down and in and out. I did notice that the 2 plugs in the door harness are the same, so I assume if you got them switched up it would still work?? It has been a while since I had my last H2 SUT, so on the power fold, I assume you leave the mirror selector switch in the middle where the mirror button is lit up and then press down on the right side of the button to fold both mirrors in and press on the left side of the button to fold both mirrors back out? The obviously select whichever mirror you want to adjust to tilt up and down or side to side. Any other thing I am missing or is incorrect above?

Also, is there a place where you can buy/order just the motors for the tilts and just the mirror glass?
I bought my 08 SUT from a dealer in Dallas 2 yrs ago. Both mirrors did not electronically fold so the told me to buy new mirrors and they would pay the invoice. They kept their word and sent me $750. I then purchased the motors for the electronics for $62 each and now I have a backup set. Google it and you can find the GM part number for those motors.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:48 PM

Thanks. I know the ring size for the mirror to snap onto is different on the straight shaft mirror (smaller diameter) than the angled shaft mirrors (larger diameter).

After messing with it this evening, I was able to get the passenger side to unfold and then work properly. I'm not sure what I did other than take the door panel off and check the wiring, but it works. The drivers side I was able to get the tilts to work as well, but as soon as I put the door panel on, it would quit working (fold would still work). I unplugged and plugged in the contacts numerous times and sprayed them with cleaner, but every time I put the door panel on it would quit working. I finally discovered that wiggling the connector for the tilt would make it work on not, so some kind of short in there. I was able to get it to work and then tape it in place it was getting dark) and was still working when I put it together.