Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H2 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/)
-   -   Where is the Air Suspension inlet air filter located? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/where-air-suspension-inlet-air-filter-located-33308/)

PewterTank 06-10-2014 05:49 PM

Where is the Air Suspension inlet air filter located?

Purchased a monster H2, was told the air filter may be causing the air suspension to sag, changed the bags, not it:mad:. Now I need to know where the air suspension inlet air filter is located exactly before dishing money out to a dealership to run a diagnostic. I searched around the rear driver side fender but saw nothing:confused:. I would appreciate if someone can help me out and maybe post a pic of the exact location. Thanks.

PewterTank 06-10-2014 05:50 PM

Forgot to mention this is a 2003 model, if that makes in difference.

fyr145 06-10-2014 09:00 PM

No filter

To the best of my knowledge (by looking at the air suspension compressor schematics/diagrams), there is no filter. (on stock models)

Usually when dealing with the suspension system that still uses the bags and compressor (as most of the earlier H2's did back then), its either the bags or one of the air lines that comes from the compressor and up to the bags themselves. A squirt bottle using a soapy solution will help locate any leaks in the lines as the leak(s) will show bubbles at their location.

If you find no leaks, the second thing I would then look into is you may have a faulty suspension sensor.

Next, that control module (black square thing in front corner of the compressor that has 24 wires connected to it), may be bad causing the compressor to get the command signal to deflate the system.

If you're getting power to the compressor, then that would rule out the relay that sends power to the compressor. Sounds like a air holding problem.

By the way, I'd be interested in knowing, who told you there was even an suspension filter.

PewterTank 06-13-2014 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by fyr145 (Post 313809)
To the best of my knowledge (by looking at the air suspension compressor schematics/diagrams), there is no filter. (on stock models)

Usually when dealing with the suspension system that still uses the bags and compressor (as most of the earlier H2's did back then), its either the bags or one of the air lines that comes from the compressor and up to the bags themselves. A squirt bottle using a soapy solution will help locate any leaks in the lines as the leak(s) will show bubbles at their location.

If you find no leaks, the second thing I would then look into is you may have a faulty suspension sensor.

Next, that control module (black square thing in front corner of the compressor that has 24 wires connected to it), may be bad causing the compressor to get the command signal to deflate the system.

If you're getting power to the compressor, then that would rule out the relay that sends power to the compressor. Sounds like a air holding problem.

By the way, I'd be interested in knowing, who told you there was even an suspension filter.

Wow thanks for the info., I will be checking it for leaks etc. tomorrow morning. About the air filter, I was reading up on other forums with people having the same issues but no one mentioned the early H2's did not have an air suspension filter. Thanks for the info, will update soon for anyone having similar problems with there rig for future reference.

Wilhelm Juda 09-01-2015 05:23 PM

Im actually looking for that filter too, I read it is not mentioned in the parts cat or service manual, but it is suppose to be there

flyday58 09-02-2015 05:57 PM

My Aichtoo leans to the right, about an inch to inch and a half lower than the left side. I suspect I have a bad sensor on the right causing it to bleed air out of that side, or not even inflate it to the correct height. But I'll do a soap bubble test first before going further. But since it inflates I'm guessing more of a sensor thing. Unless the left bag is taking all the weight of the truck and keeping the right side from completely deflating? Have to check that.

Iknow, I hear all y'all, "just put coils under it and be done!!" Starting to lean that way...

Kirkhayes37 10-01-2015 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Wilhelm Juda (Post 329459)
Im actually looking for that filter too, I read it is not mentioned in the parts cat or service manual, but it is suppose to be there

mine was located behind the plastic on the fuel fill. Removed the black plastic surround around the filler...and there sat an air filter/muffler thing about the size of a "C" battery.

jsbihn 11-18-2015 04:07 AM

On the 03 (at least that know of),
There are a couple of filters actually. One that is on or around the pump assembly itself, and one that is up into the left (drivers side) rear quarter panel need the filler pipe.

There might be a third inline further up... not sure since I know the 1st gen H2s had different pump assemblys.

Usually what happens is the filters rust and crap out on us.

mmesa005 11-30-2015 02:07 PM

Photo of the filter.

CHECK AIR SUSPENSION!!!! - Hummer Forums by Elcova

ArloTheH2 12-09-2019 09:44 AM

What's up with that forum?

Originally Posted by mmesa005 (Post 331868)

Seems to be about the education system or something.