PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What's your favorite mod you have on your hummer

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:53 PM

You do realize there is no such thing as brown noise? It is a myth. Any loud noise can make someone crap themselves if it is unexpected. If you got charged for them to be "Tuned", you got ripped off. I just wanted to see if it was a true train horn or not. They are loud for sure! I am running the Hornblasters Shocker Xl and they are loud enough for me. Our noise ordinance fine is A LOT more than that. Most of the cops around me know about it though. It pays to know people.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by PaulB
Photos would be great. Is it on a separate switch or is it tied in to your stock horn? Since you can't blow it all the time I'm guessing a separate switch.
Not necessarily. Mine is wired through my steering wheel which is also tied into my alarm. You need to be a little creative with wiring in order to do it right. I'll tell you, it is very convenient to hit the steering wheel instead of a separate button. It is just reaction to go for the steering wheel. I have done it, and I would never do it through a button again. Just make sure if you ever get pulled over, you turn off the switch. it is better if it is hidden too.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Recovery21
You do realize there is no such thing as brown noise? It is a myth. Any loud noise can make someone crap themselves if it is unexpected. If you got charged for them to be "Tuned", you got ripped off...
First, I have to say that your response left me so utterly speechless it took me until now to actually respond.
Are you friggin kidding me? The Brown Noise is a reference to an episode of South Park, which was subsequently pulled from a really obscure urban legend, and finally brought to the morons of Myth Busters.
I seriously doubt there is anyone with better than a 6th grade education that thinks its real.

And as for being "real" train horns, you will find the exact model I have on commuter trains running around the east coast as well as the BART trains in SF. Yes, the exact model, purchased from a different company (which i'll leave to you to research cause it doesnt matter to me). Oh, how do I know this? One of my soldiers actually works servicing the BART trains since he got out.

So in fact it is a train horn, a real one.

Now if you were referring to the oversized, cast iron, beasts that you find on the mainline trains. No, who in their right mind...oh nm
By the by, if you check the db output of the ones your referring to and the ones I am using and maybe even the shockers, you will find that the Nathan horns emit more than what you will find on Amtrak Trains.

This is due to the trains having sound regulations levied over the last decade. It was for two reasons
1) it was really getting on ppls nerves late at night
2) hearing safety issue for the operators

Old 06-28-2011, 05:30 AM

First off, a south park reference is enough for me to know where you are coming from. If you want to come at me with an attitude?! That's fine. But don't expect nothing to be said. I will leave it at that for now unless you have something ELSE to add...

Old 06-28-2011, 06:10 PM

Calm down guys...no reason to fight over a friggin horn.....personally if anyone wants to spend $1000's on a horn hmmm...I could think of some other mods I would rather have wayyyyy before...but that is my opinion Be Happy

Old 06-28-2011, 06:17 PM

I didn't say it to be an argument. Right away, people have to blow everything out of proportion. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought a response like that should have been on a Jeep forum.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:20 PM

Myfavorite mods on my H3 is the BA bumper, Gobi stealth rack and my 79" ARB awning.

My favorite mods on my H2 is Muddydawg's 37" Swamper Boggers, warn bumper and over the hood BG..Thanks Muddy..lol

Old 03-29-2013, 11:35 PM

My favorite DIY mod has to the roof rack LEDs lights. I didnt want them to extend too high and keep me from parking "Zombie Hunter" in the garage so I picked up an extra stock roof rack and modified it by attaching 10 (16 LED) lights across the top. I run three racks and that looks makes it look more agressive too. I added a separate relay in the stack housing and well ... they are pretty awesome. My other mod has to be the after market horn/P.A. System combo. I am working on finalizing the addition of rear bumper lights as my 03 did not include them.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:49 AM

I have two: The Line X front grille instantly changed the H2's attitude and the the Superchip Flashpaq.

Attached Thumbnails What's your favorite mod you have on your hummer-20130329_164135.jpg  
Old 03-30-2013, 11:10 AM

I'd have to go with the supercharger for fun, but The H.I.D. headlights are the most important safety upgrade In my opinion. I could hardly see the road at night with the stock ones.

Quick Reply: What's your favorite mod you have on your hummer