Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Water leaking from both front handels (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/water-leaking-both-front-handels-26401/)

quicksilverz1 12-22-2011 08:47 PM

Water leaking from both front handels

I have water leaking in through the handels in the front over the dash. I am figureing it is the lights on top would that be correct? And what is a good fix for this. I have a 2007 H2.. If that helps anyone.

twinmill28 12-22-2011 10:37 PM

Could be the lights, or did you just have a windshield put in? They can put the trim in wrong and it'll come in thru the rubber door molding. I had several leaks after my new windshield, it took one more trip from Safelite to make it right.

quicksilverz1 12-23-2011 07:18 AM

i had the window replaced thinking it was that nope. has to be the lights.

mcioci 12-24-2011 07:38 PM

Definitely the lights on roof. My u2 was leaking there also and I had to reseal both side lights. It fixed the problem.

quicksilverz1 12-25-2011 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by mcioci (Post 267459)
Definitely the lights on roof. My u2 was leaking there also and I had to reseal both side lights. It fixed the problem.

what did you seal it with I keep my H2 in perfect conditon and dont want to have a mess up there happen.

mcioci 12-26-2011 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by quicksilverz1 (Post 267518)
what did you seal it with I keep my H2 in perfect conditon and dont want to have a mess up there happen.

A friend of mine owns a collision place and he did it for me. He said on both sides of truck the housing for the lights on top were loose. He said he removed the lights and the mechanism that gets tightened to truck were both loose. He said he tightened them and resealed it. I don't know exactly what he used but I'm sure any collision guy would know. The work was done within the light. I looked on top of truck to check because I'm crazy about my truck too but I didn't see anything at all.

Doberman7892 12-29-2011 02:14 PM

Drip

Had the same problem with my 03. It was the two end roof lights. The water drains past those two lights. Remove the light covers and you will see where the electrical cord goes thru the roof. Pull the rubber grommets that are there up, clean with a wet cloth, dry COMPLETELY, place the rubber grommets back in the hole and cover with a silicon caulk. I've had no more problems with mine since I done this.
Hope this helps.

quicksilverz1 01-02-2012 02:59 PM

Ok I tock off the lights cleaned the area and then applyed OEM appoxy to seal the spot the rubber peices poped right out I was suprised how easy they came out when you look down you can see right into the Truck.

Doberman7892 01-03-2012 12:12 PM

Yeah, not a very good design, Let me know if that takes care of it..

ryan 01-04-2012 12:31 AM

How do you properly pop the lights out?
My 07 H2 does the exact same thing.