PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

water leak but sunroof drains are not clogged

Old 02-10-2014, 08:41 PM

Hi Have read this post BUT...... I wanted to put it out there that many H2s were outfitted with a sunroof made by Webasto... there is a recall on the sunroof in fact leaks and wind noise are symptoms...Not only is the recall replacing the glass but they are putting in a new headliner due to the damage caused by leaks..... Sunroof Recall - Webasto Hollandia - SunroofCheck.com

Old 04-16-2015, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by racin
When it rains there's water leaking from the roof down unto the drivers side hand bar and from my onstar mic right above my head ( driving a hummer with a rain coat is not fun lol)...anyways, first thing I did open the sunroof completely and poured water in slightly to see if my drains was clogged they was not clogged a few small branches from trees which I removed and I also stuck bendable wire down the drains holes and they are ok...now I decided to pour a little more water and bam! the leak started coming from my onstar mic and drivers side hand bar, I removed the hand bar and it wasn't from the drain...this have me puzzled makes me to believe that if it leaks when the sunroof is fully open and by me pouring water to test it and also leaks when the roof is closed then water must be coming in from another location and if from another location how does it get to the onstar mic? ....need help please it's hurricane season in Florida and this isn't looking good. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Hello there i have the same problem with the water leak, i actually had to chance out my air bag module which cost me $1150.00, and i also put silicone on all my corner lamps, after the module was repaired two days later it rained and again water came inn, air bag mole is ok but im worried, how deep did you fill the corner lamp with rtv?

Old 08-23-2015, 08:29 AM

I had this problem also. I had to remove the two forward torn screws and seal them. One under the light cover and one in the track for the cross members. You can tell if they are leaking because they were rusted a bit. I will probably seal them all the way back. I'm not sure yet. I am guessing many are sealing the grommet for the wires only because it doesn't leak a lot after you do this. It only gets wet at the very top of the a pillars?
Good luck everyone.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:20 AM
Default Silicone them lights.

I used to have leakage that seeped in through the lighting housing and the mic holes also would drain to the sun visor plastic brackets etc.

If you are tearing your headliner down without putting silicone under each roof marker and corner light first Than ur doing too much. This is a common issue with H2-s . Popping the lights up applying silicone under neath them to stop water is the best way to start . Water leaks through them especially when the weather gets heavy.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:34 AM
Default Leak

Ok I still have issues after the screws and grommets were sealed. Do these leak where the wires go thru the grommet? Or do you cover the top?
Are the center markers just attached to the grommet and pushed in?
Mine wets the top of the A pillar just a little but will drip after a while but not a lot.
could this be leaking around the door weather stripping which seems tight?
If I need to how does the plastic windshield surround come out just yank it after removing the moulding?
Thanks again

Old 02-14-2017, 05:50 AM

Or check the roof light it might be coming from the rubber seal of the light.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Default Water leaking from top grab handle

Hi everyone,
I just joined this forum because of the water leak after a good rain. The water was trickling down the passenger and driverside a-pillar and dripping down the grab handle in the front.
I resealed the wind shield, silicone the marker lights, sealed the front plugs were the wires came threw for the 2 bigger marker lights on the top, made sure the sun roof drains were perfect, which none of these were to blame for the water leak.
I still had puddles on my floor mats! I found that it still looked like the windshield, I removed he top windshield trim, sprayed it with foaming glass cleaner an on the inside hit it with an air hose.....no bubbles around windshield or any were else I could see. I then removed the top luggage racks, seal, and (plastic side rails for the second time ). First time I removed I sealed every torx head bolt that held them to the top of the roof.
Well here it is.......THE DAMN BODY SEAM UNDER THE FRONT END MARKER LIGHTS, THE SEAM SEALER CRACKED AND WAS LETTING WATER POUR IN WERE THEY GET TACK WELDED TOGETHER ABOVE THE WINDSHEILD WERE WINDSHEILD MEETS THE ROOF IN THE CORNERS!
Hummer should have added one more tack weld on the corner of the roof under the side rails. You need to clean the area really good, I used brakeclean an a scotchbright pad. Dug in there with a screw driver and then seam sealed the crap out of it.
I've been after this leak for 6 months, finally nailed it!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2017, 10:46 AM

I have a 2007 H2, sorry forgot to add that

Old 03-13-2017, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by DEERMEAT
I have a 2007 H2, sorry forgot to add that
Damn. The 3 center marker lights stopped about 90% of my leaks. Maybe this is my remaining issue. How big of a job is this? We plan on keeping our h2 forever so better to fix this now.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:19 AM

Its not too bad. you need to completely remove crossbars, (need the key), remove the corner marker lights all 4, then the rubber upper gaskets for the doors, then both side rails which are held on by torx bolts. Then you'll see were the metal roof seam is on both sides. this is a good time to clean and reseal the plugs that the wires come threw the roof for the lights. I did lift the corners of the windshield gasket to really get the seam sealer all around in there. good luck and let me know how you made out.
If you don't fix it completely your door dills will rot away.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: water leak but sunroof drains are not clogged