PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

water leak but sunroof drains are not clogged

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 06:18 AM

Okay I have sealed both of my front marker lights and grommet with no luck. Still dripping one drop on driver dash and several on pass side dash and around grab bar. Only happens after severe down pours. NOT water hose. How hard is it to drop head liner?

Old 08-13-2010, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by No more Jeeps
Okay I have sealed both of my front marker lights and grommet with no luck. Still dripping one drop on driver dash and several on pass side dash and around grab bar. Only happens after severe down pours. NOT water hose. How hard is it to drop head liner?
When removing the headliner all you need to be is very careful, the hummer headliner is stronger than your average headliner so jus remove your hand bars your front door rubber seal(half way down) and seal around sunroof(on the inside) and when it comes to removing your visors be extra careful(I broke mines the first time) research how to on this site or google...good luck

Old 08-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Default water leak

if you sealed both lights , and water is leaking in on both sides i bet that your leak is in the front winshield at the top , mike

Old 11-02-2010, 12:22 AM

Hello,

My 2007 h2 sut is now having that same problem! the corner light has been leaking for awhile now and now i just noticed that i have a lot of water coming in right at the center around the creases of the overhead lamps(interior)..like right in front of the rear view! wat the f...any ideas before i rip this thing apart?

thanks

Old 11-02-2010, 02:28 PM

I took off the the roof rack. The screws that hold it on have no RTV. You could see where water was leaking in. I would also check the three marker lights and rtv them and the corner lights. My sunroof drains were clean. Sad part it still leaks a little bit with heavy down pours. Oh well.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:19 PM

the most common water leaks on the h2 is fron the plug under the outside marker lights,all 4..also remember that there is also a star screws inside the roof rack,make sure you put silcone on the screws before you put them back in and also there is a small o-ring that also goes on the star screws,all h2 hummers have these..as far as the gasket goes on the outside markers,it is just there to keep them from rattling..has nothing to do with the gasket..the center light gaskets will go out from time to time and it is best that you replace with the much thicker ones,a set of 6 will cost you 45.00 on ebay..BOBCAT

Old 08-07-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by dphumv
hello,

my 2007 h2 sut is now having that same problem! The corner light has been leaking for awhile now and now i just noticed that i have a lot of water coming in right at the center around the creases of the overhead lamps(interior)..like right in front of the rear view! Wat the f...any ideas before i rip this thing apart?

Thanks
the most common cause of the leak you have is from the corner lights,not the light gasket on the corner,it is coming from up under the light,there is a black plug there and if you take the light off you will see it.pull the plug out and clean it then silcone it,also put silcone on top of the plugs where the wires go into it,now ckeck the star screw located in the same area,pull it out and silcone it and put the small o-ring that is supposed to go with it.check your center lights,if gasket is old they need to be replaced.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:44 PM

This was my fix! I wish I had found this one first in my quest. I was convinced it was the Sun Roof and nope this was it. Thanks for the great post

Old 12-03-2013, 09:06 AM

I'm having the same issue I check the roof lights added silicone n I still get it but I get the warter coming tru the floor is not so much the sunroof

Old 12-07-2013, 02:32 PM

I pulled that grommet up cleaned it and the metal there then put a beed of rtv around hole before ushing grommet back in, sealed mine up great, did both side and stopped all water leaking on mine, also a bit of rtv where wires come through the center of the rubber grmmet

Quick Reply: water leak but sunroof drains are not clogged