Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Volant Intake w/ MAF and Predator Tuner (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/volant-intake-w-maf-predator-tuner-23392/)

HummerH2 03-19-2011 12:52 AM

Volant Intake w/ MAF and Predator Tuner

Ok, I'm at a loss! I have a 2006 H2 and I had another aftermarket intake with the Granatelli MAF using the Predator Tuner and I would continuously get the check engine light to come on. The error code was P0102 MAF. So I thought it had to be the Granatelli MAF and/or the intake so I broke down and purchased the Volant intake w/ MAF and if I install any tune from the Predator Tuner I get the check engine light with the trouble code P0102.

I like using the Tuner to adjust my shift pressure and tire size. Does anyone have any settinge with the Predator Tuner that works?

kmleong 03-19-2011 04:03 PM

I have an 04 with the Volant and Predator, stock MAF though. Sent my tune into Diablotune. What else have you had done? I guess that I can send you a copy of my tune for you to try (at your own risk) or try Lew at Diablotune. It was less than $100.00 and he kept at it till I was happy.

08JJ 03-19-2011 06:43 PM

Causes

A code P0102 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
  • The MAF may be disconnected, or a wiring connection may be bad
  • The MAF may be dirty or otherwise contaminated (Note: if you use a reusable oiled air filter, be careful not to apply too much oil or that can contaminate the MAF).
  • The MAF sensor may be faulty
  • The vehicle computer may be faulty (very rare)
Possible Solutions

The simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back. Then start with the cheapest, easiest repair procedures:
  • Verify that the Mass Air Flow Sensor wiring is connected properly and that there are no broken / frayed wires.
  • Inspect for any air leaks near the MAF sensor.
  • Take the MAF out and clean it using a spray cleaner such as brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner. Be gentle with the sensor.
  • Check the voltage of the MAF sensor (refer to a repair manual for vehicle specific information)
  • Replace the MAF sensor.

HummerH2 03-19-2011 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by 08JJ (Post 245913)
Causes

A code P0102 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
  • The MAF may be disconnected, or a wiring connection may be bad
  • The MAF may be dirty or otherwise contaminated (Note: if you use a reusable oiled air filter, be careful not to apply too much oil or that can contaminate the MAF).
  • The MAF sensor may be faulty
  • The vehicle computer may be faulty (very rare)
Possible Solutions

The simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back. Then start with the cheapest, easiest repair procedures:
  • Verify that the Mass Air Flow Sensor wiring is connected properly and that there are no broken / frayed wires.
  • Inspect for any air leaks near the MAF sensor.
  • Take the MAF out and clean it using a spray cleaner such as brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner. Be gentle with the sensor.
  • Check the voltage of the MAF sensor (refer to a repair manual for vehicle specific information)
  • Replace the MAF sensor.

I cleaned the contacts but I don't have a volt meter so I couldn't check the voltage.
Do you think I could have received a bad MAF from Volant? With the Volant MAF the error would not clear. I put the OEM MAF back in and voila, no error! Do you know if anyone on here has actually had luck using the Volant MAF? I couldn't find any threads that really stated anything about the MAF directly.

Thank you for your help.

HummerH2 03-19-2011 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by kmleong (Post 245898)
I have an 04 with the Volant and Predator, stock MAF though. Sent my tune into Diablotune. What else have you had done? I guess that I can send you a copy of my tune for you to try (at your own risk) or try Lew at Diablotune. It was less than $100.00 and he kept at it till I was happy.

Thank you for the offer. I ended up putting the OEM MAF back inplace of the Volant MAF and the error went away. Mines an 06, do you think the tune would be different for the year model if you offer still stands? What did you have changed in your tune and what gains have you seen? I wouldn't want to take your's for free if you paid for it. Please let me know what your tune is like.

08JJ 03-20-2011 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by HummerH2 (Post 245927)
I cleaned the contacts but I don't have a volt meter so I couldn't check the voltage.
Do you think I could have received a bad MAF from Volant? With the Volant MAF the error would not clear. I put the OEM MAF back in and voila, no error! Do you know if anyone on here has actually had luck using the Volant MAF? I couldn't find any threads that really stated anything about the MAF directly.

Thank you for your help.

Sounds like you may have got a non working if it was fine before install. If its new and you reset with the OBD the only thing left is maybe try pulling the hot wire on battery for about ten minutes....believe it or not is has worked with a few of my issues including the TPMS.

kmleong 03-20-2011 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by HummerH2 (Post 245929)
Thank you for the offer. I ended up putting the OEM MAF back inplace of the Volant MAF and the error went away. Mines an 06, do you think the tune would be different for the year model if you offer still stands? What did you have changed in your tune and what gains have you seen? I wouldn't want to take your's for free if you paid for it. Please let me know what your tune is like.

That's why I asked what else you had done to your H2. Engine,Trans is still the same. PM me direct as I don't want to waste too much space on this thread. Offer stands. If you are not using the volante MAF, I would like to purchase it from you if you are not using it.