PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tech 2 or similar software

Old 01-09-2018, 12:45 AM
Default Tech 2 or similar software

Dear All,
Please advise:
- what do you think of Tech 2 made in china?
- Is there any software close to Tech 2 to be bought which has access to all hummer h2 modules?
Regards, YF

Old 01-09-2018, 07:10 AM

I bought my Tech2 from chinacardiags.com and it works great. Cannot really compare software with a Tech2 as that is comparing hardware to a program. That being said, there is a software side of things that work alongside the Tech2 which is the TIS2000 software. Getting that working is a bit of a project in and of itself as the software is old and seems to work best on Windows XP. The TIS2000 software is really not needed to use the Tech2 though - that is needed if you want to update the firmware in the various modules in your vehicle like the ECU, BCM, DDM, etc.

Simply put though. There is no other tool that can do everything on your H2 that the Tech2 can do. It is the only tool with things that are very specific like calibrating the rear air suspension module. Other tools can be very powerful but that are mostly just have features that are common to many vehicles and will not have things that are specific to just one or two vehicles.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
I bought my Tech2 from chinacardiags.com and it works great
Do you remember the price?

What do you think about this one? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017...ceBeautifyAB=0

Old 01-09-2018, 08:25 AM

Echo MixManSC's comments and good advice.

From experienece I believe that 2008/9 models require the CANDI Interface as these are CAN bus as opposed to Serial Data bus.

Its well worth getting one with a case, without it its a real pain to carry around.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:09 AM

I cannot speak for any on Aliexpress. I've seen both good and bad reviews on the ones from there. Also the link you gave just takes me to the Aliexpress home page. Regardless it would not matter as again, I have no way of knowing if one from some seller on there will be a good one or not.

As Oceanbrave mentioned, it is also worth spending the extra to get the case which does cost a good bit more. These come with a lot of different adapters and parts and the case makes it very nice and easy to keep it all together.

This is the kit that I ordered. It also includes the Candi module which is needed for many newer model GM vehicles.

Newest Vetronix Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner Working for GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU

Old 01-09-2018, 01:10 PM

I never knew the clones were worth the crap.

What have you used yours for MixMan? I've never looked into them.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:14 PM

I've got 3 different scanners, a China tech2, Palmer ScanXL Pro with enhanced GM software and EASE Diagnostics with enhanced software for both chevy and hummer.

The Tech2 is the best, palmer ScanSL Pro is very good at pulling trouble codes from all GM modules but does not have bidirectional control while EASE is good software its had issues with pulling all codes from all modules but it has bidirectional capabilities. The Tech2 can do it all up to 2013 along with programing modules if you have the software and security key up to 2007 models.

I've been told that the Autell is the best all around scanner as it will do most all makes but I don't have one for now (not sure if it will program).

Neal

Old 01-10-2018, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
I cannot speak for any on Aliexpress. I've seen both good and bad reviews on the ones from there. Also the link you gave just takes me to the Aliexpress home page. Regardless it would not matter as again, I have no way of knowing if one from some seller on there will be a good one or not.

As Oceanbrave mentioned, it is also worth spending the extra to get the case which does cost a good bit more. These come with a lot of different adapters and parts and the case makes it very nice and easy to keep it all together.

This is the kit that I ordered. It also includes the Candi module which is needed for many newer model GM vehicles.

Newest Vetronix Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner Working for GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU
wondering why HUMMER is not shown in the GM vehicle list...

Old 01-11-2018, 12:00 AM

Tech 2 doesn't program for H2 above 2007... what to do in that case?

Old 01-11-2018, 05:51 AM

For programing the next option is MDI with a pass to the GM site, usually around 55$ for 3 days.

this is probably my next purchase or maybe the AUTEL unit

Neal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tech 2 or similar software