PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 12:40 PM

So I did the Headers two weeks ago. JBA Ceramic. they are the titanium/ceramic shortys. They are california legal as long as they have a carb # on them. I had to get it smogged afterwards and no issues. So Current mods are magnuson supercharger system w/ dual fuel pumps, Big fuel rails/injectors/heat exchanger for the intake manifold. hd trans, Becool radiator,Jba Headers and some minor cosmetic things like hd headlights, brake controller blah blah.

I have the perfect sleeper as mine looks bone stock. I have a gobi rack and one of those light bars that look like the o.e. roof racks on my xmas list.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by MSHax
ok honda400ex2003, that sounds like a wicked H2, 44" boggers? SWEET! And here I am thinking 40s are big
Did you change the final drive gears? I never did, but with the supercharger the 40s were perfect, it balanced out my low end. Supercharged with 35s was very squirly when I hit it off the line, and the LAST thing you want to feel is a floaty front end in a 8,000lb truck.

i still have the stock 4.10s in it but it does pretty well. its not going to set any land speed records but it gets the job done. the exhaust and stuff help out quite a bit imo. i drove another 03 before i bought the one i have now, mine is def quicker than that one. even with the 4.10s in it and 44s. lol the 44s are a bit overrated. they look cool but thats the extent of the boggers. they have poor characteristics for any sort of road driving. I bought it with them on it so i guess ill drive it till they are wore out. my next tires will be 40s or 42s for sure.

the nice thing about having the 4.10s is that the road gearing is decent. it keeps rpms at 2 grand-ish when doing 60 mph. it helps out a bit but it could definitely use 4.55s or 4.88s in it. I would probably do 4.55s if i was going to change them.

4 low is super low in them though, so if i am doing any sort of wheeling, i just put it in 4 low. its nice to have everything locked up anyway, i could pull a house down in 4l still. it is plenty low for anything i would do with it.

i bet the charger is really awesome! if you can break 4 tires loose with 35s, you have some power. it would be fun to roll up on people and roast the rubber a bit with all 4 of them squawking

steve

Old 11-27-2012, 06:47 PM

Its hard to get more than a short chirp out of mine. I have to be accelerating while making a left hand turn to peel rubber and when that happens it feels like it loses power to the spinning tire. It won't sit there and smoke the tires.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:37 PM

ok, so first of ... i want this. what are we talking in terms of MPG loss and does it really make the ride a bit more spirited? with all of the weight I'm having a hard time imagining. Never seen a hummer at the track but if you are going to do it, go big or go home :-)

Old 11-28-2012, 07:02 PM

at about 90,000 miles on the vehicle I was averaging 11.6 mpg. I bought a heavier travel trailer and tow alot more than I used to so my mileage has dropped to 10.9 mpg with 108,000 miles. When on the highway I'm getting 14 mpg or better when cruising between 65 and 70 mph. My best mpg is at 45-50 because of the gearing.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM

Just wondering .. Why would you want a Supercharger in a Hummer ????

To me is like having big off road wheels on a Corvette or a Mustang

Pardon my ignorance but I can see the benefits , it makes more sense on a sport car ...

Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 AM

Different strokes for different folks man.

I tow a big, heavy travel trailer. my stock 03 only had about 350 hp. I don't want to be that guy towing in the mountains going up hill at 25 mph.

Same could be said about peeps that run 22's on their hummers. Its all about preference.

Last edited by H2CANEPADESIGN; 11-29-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
Its hard to get more than a short chirp out of mine. I have to be accelerating while making a left hand turn to peel rubber and when that happens it feels like it loses power to the spinning tire. It won't sit there and smoke the tires.
thats still quite a bit of power. even to squawk them in a 6700lb ride is impressive.

steve

Old 11-29-2012, 10:41 PM

guess I just want to know what the truck can do and what has been done. if the loss wasn't too great and you had power in case you wanted it, i think it would be an interesting mod.

-ee

Old 11-29-2012, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
Different strokes for different folks man.

I tow a big, heavy travel trailer. my stock 03 only had about 350 hp. I don't want to be that guy towing in the mountains going up hill at 25 mph.

Same could be said about peeps that run 22's on their hummers. Its all about preference.
I got your point ... you are using the supercharger to get more power no speed ... Didnt realized ..
We have no mountains here in Florida .. maybe a couple bridge but ok with stock H2

22's still looks dumb ... Chrome and Big wheels are very common here ...

Quick Reply: Supercharger?