PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Default Supercharger?

I noticed there are no posts in the supercharger/nitrous/turbo category. Am I the only one with a supercharger? I have a whipple roots type blower and I was wondering if anyone else with a supercharger had done any additional mods. I'm looking at a set of cylinder heads for my next upgrade. Anyone else do this yet?

Old 03-05-2012, 11:24 AM

no you are not sure he/they will chime in later.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 PM

I have a magnuson m112 supercharger/intercooled. have not done any engine mods whatsoever but will be doing headers within the next week or so due to a problem with the exhause manifold. will update if anything changes.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 AM

I knew I wasn't the only one, I just was thinking maybe people didn't want to talk about it due to all the complications it causes (I went through 3 transmissions)

I thought about doing the headers, but being in California I have to watch what I put on. Things like heads/injectors/pullies the average eye can't tell they've been changed. I know the factory heads are actually really good compared to the same engine in other vehicles, but I'm always looking for more. Out running the little ricers is fun and all, and SUPER hilarious by the way, but there are bigger fish to embarrass.

OH WAIT! Did I say that? No...I meant for towing my boat, yeah...that's it...I need the power to tow my 16' speedboat...yeah...cause it's uhm...heavy.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:00 PM

I have a 2005 H2 sut with a magnacharger and cold air box on it. I only know it was installed by a dealer. I plan to put headers and better exaust soon. I am going to contact the dealer where it was sold as new to find out if they have any paperwork on it. The only problem I have with it at this point is when I romp on it this thing is all over the road pulling from left to right. I am unfamiliar with the four wheel drive system in it so I am going to start there. It also has 24 inch wheels on it too. It really woke this engine up too!!!! Oh I forgot to say it has 155000 miles on it!!!!! No leaks doesn't use oil or smoke at all.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

I moved this for you where you might actually get some feedback.

Never noticed where it said: "This section is an archive of older posts, please post new questions in the specific model section. Thank you!" ????? eh hem?

Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by MSHax
I knew I wasn't the only one, I just was thinking maybe people didn't want to talk about it due to all the complications it causes (I went through 3 transmissions)
Sounds like you need a 4l80 tranny upgrade. I've had a blower sitting in my parts pile for 4 years now. Never got around to installing it. Probably wont, think i'll probably do a duramax and be done w/ it.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:08 PM

subscribed, i just saw a couple of chargers a bit ago in my quest to find some info on propane conversion for the 6L.

might have to think about doing one to the h2 when i get it.

steve

Old 11-22-2012, 10:39 PM

ok honda400ex2003, that sounds like a wicked H2, 44" boggers? SWEET! And here I am thinking 40s are big
Did you change the final drive gears? I never did, but with the supercharger the 40s were perfect, it balanced out my low end. Supercharged with 35s was very squirly when I hit it off the line, and the LAST thing you want to feel is a floaty front end in a 8,000lb truck.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 AM

SO how much concrete did you drop in your truck? Hummers are heavy but not that heavy (it is around 6400 lbsby the way)

You read gross vehicle weight, which means maximal allowable weight with people, gear etc

Quick Reply: Supercharger?