PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof and Headliner Question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Default Sunroof and Headliner Question...

YOOOOO...

Anyone have a aftermarket sunroof or new headliner installed on their truck? (preferably 2003-04 owners...) I have a question as I just had some work done and I'm skeptical about a few things...

Old 02-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Sunroof and Headliner Question...

Bronx, I don't know anyone that has added a sunroof. Maybe someone will come along that has done this but I don't remember reading about it. Did you try the search function?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:14 AM

I had a black headliner put in, what's the question???

Old 02-12-2008, 02:33 PM

Well, they are claiming that the ceiling console that holds my lights, garage door opener and hideaway compartment extended all the way to the back seat originally (before I owned the truck). So I get in after the new headliner was installed and I noticed the console has been cut across the front where it used to be rounded and molded up by the windshield and headliner...and its got headliner material packed in it now...and my rear view butts against it now! Theyare trying to tell me it was always cut and the original piece before I owned it extended all the way to the backseat...is this true? Anyone know? I think they f'ed it up and had to cut the console to make it fit cuz they are useless, and now they are trying to cover their asses...

I can provide a pic if it helps with the explaination...

Old 02-12-2008, 10:31 PM

So, you HAVE an aftermarket sunroof??

Cause H2's WITHOUT sunroofs do have the LONG console that goes BACK, just about to the end of the back of the front seats. My console(factory sunroof) DOESN'T have any of the sunglass(hideaway) compartments.

#4 in the pic would be what you had, while I have #5. You canBUY # 5, but it's over $500, unless you can find one on eBay. I see them there from time to time!!

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

Old 02-13-2008, 12:31 AM

I just went out and took a couple pictures of my '06 with a sunroof. Let me know if you guys can even get into this, my first time trying to post pics on photobucket. My console is pretty much resting on my mirror as well, which by the way feels like it's 10 feet away from the driver seat when my gf drives and I have to adjust everything back.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/bluezgo/Full.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...zgo/Mirror.jpg

Old 02-13-2008, 02:34 AM

That's WeIrD!!!

Name:  Full.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  41.2 KB

Name:  Mirror.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  33.1 KB

Do you know if you have an aftermarket sunroof?? Or maybe they changed the upper console cause my '04
one looks like this(mind you it's Black Piano now thanks to oemdash.com).

Older Pic:
Name:  dash5.jpg
Views: 1509
Size:  43.3 KB

Newer Pic:

Name:  Copyof100_0905.jpg
Views: 1412
Size:  56.9 KB

Old 02-13-2008, 02:40 AM

Yeah, weird,cause if you look at the pics, my Sunroof starts like 1 1/2" from the end of my visor where your console is AT LEAST 2"-3"'s from the end of your visor.

If you look at the pic from gmpartsdirect, it looks like they turned the console BACKWARDS and filled the "cut/hole" which WOULD HAVE BEEN facing the back, to the front then put headliner material there??

Long post short, Bronx I think they were telling you the TRUTH!! Go Figure??

Old 02-13-2008, 09:15 AM

Of course the problem with buying it used, I'm not sure of the history. The service guys tell me that it's a factory sunroof, something about how the metal bends into the sunroof and not just a straight cut. But I've seen a lot of GM sunroof consoles and none of them look anything like mine. Judging by the gouge someone took off it, I would guess they messed it up before and replaced it, then hit it again? I'm not sure but at least everything works like it's suppose to.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:50 AM

I would think the RPO sticker in the glove box would have a sunroof number if you knew what the right RPO number was, also the dealer should be able to tell by the last 8 digits of your vin if it was factory or not.

Quick Reply: Sunroof and Headliner Question...