PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Stuck in Drive*

Old 01-17-2018, 09:38 AM
Default Stuck in Drive*

Car stuck in Drive, shifting lever stuck in Park*

2005 Hummer H2

taken apart the center console thinking it may be the connector from the transmission cable but that seems okay.

any insight would help

tried shifting from drive to park, felt “mushy” now transmission is in drive, but lever is in park

Old 01-17-2018, 10:05 AM

The other end of the tranny cable is where you need to look, where it connects to the shift lever on the side of the tranny. The bushing wears out and the cable comes off.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
The other end of the tranny cable is where you need to look, where it connects to the shift lever on the side of the tranny. The bushing wears out and the cable comes off.
Okay, is that easy to access? Through the center console I was able to put the shift lever in drive to match the actual transmission

Old 01-17-2018, 03:04 PM

You can see if from under the truck. I am assuming you found it since you posted about it in your other thread?

Generally you don't need a complete cable but just the bushing.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:26 PM

Look up my cheap and easy fix. You will thank me for the roughly 149.65 dollar savings

Old 01-19-2018, 09:44 PM

Bushing is Dorman #14055. Available at Advance, autozone , Oreillys etc Gm will only sell the whole cable for $160 and I could not find a way to fit it. I went on U tube and found out about the bushing. It's a 2 minute job.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:32 PM

Just had this happen today when i parked at the grocery store. shift went zipppp into Park and the dash still said drive. Set the parking brake, turned it off, went in got a coffee, came out and called the wife to let her know she might have to bring my truck out to pick me up, then scooted under. Put the lever in Park and slipped the cable on and went home. Just another fix to add to the list. Along with the wonky fuel gage (see new thread)
Mike

Old 03-27-2018, 12:50 AM
Default Fixed

Originally Posted by Rusty_03
Just had this happen today when i parked at the grocery store. shift went zipppp into Park and the dash still said drive. Set the parking brake, turned it off, went in got a coffee, came out and called the wife to let her know she might have to bring my truck out to pick me up, then scooted under. Put the lever in Park and slipped the cable on and went home. Just another fix to add to the list. Along with the wonky fuel gage (see new thread)
Mike
Picked up a couple of bushings at Advance Auto, they were on a card rack.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:19 AM

I too just had this happen today...will attempt to locate said cable right now! jsbihn....any chance you can paste the link to your fix? I couldn't find it. Thanks much!

Old 03-28-2018, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by roscoef16
I too just had this happen today...will attempt to locate said cable right now! jsbihn....any chance you can paste the link to your fix? I couldn't find it. Thanks much!
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...ing-kit-32747/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stuck in Drive*