PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting Issue 03 H2

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Exclamation Starting Issue 03 H2

Yesterday I was sitting idle in my H2 when i heard a loud whining / grinding noise. I immediately shut the truck off. After a minute, I attempted to restart the car, but there was nothing but a very loud click. After several attempts to start the truck, the battery died. It would not jump and bagging on the starter did not work. I had the truck towed home. This morning, at the suggestion of many, I went to Advance and purchased a new starter, and a new higher quality battery. The starter and battery install went without a hitch. But, once again, nothing but a loud click. With the loud click, I noticed that the engine turns approximately 1/2 inch. I then removed the brand new starter and had it tested. It works perfectly fine. I also felt the teeth on the flywheel and they felt fine. I reinstalled the starter, but still just a very loud click and 1/2 inch movement of pullies. At the suggestion of someone, I turned the engine manually, it seems to move ok. But once I cranked the engine manually, I tried to restart the truck again. Now it just makes and awful grinding noise, sounds like from the starter / flywheel area. The truck was running fine before this issue. The oil was clean and at the appropriate level. The only thing to note is that it does have a Viper Smart Start system installed. But I'm sure that has nothing at all to do with what is going on. Anyone else experience this or have any idea what might be going on with my truck. Please please help. Thank you everyone.