PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Stabilizer link?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 04:08 AM
Default Stabilizer link?

Hi everyone--
I am going to start working on my own 2007 H2, because I think its about time I learn more about the truck I drive everyday....

So my truck is very unstable feeling while driving. It pulls hard to either side, and makes some crazy sounds when turning. Below you will find pics of what I believe is the problem....And I think it may be called a stabilizer link, hence my unstable vehicle. Any insight or procedure or what I should do would be much appreciated!!

If you notice, there is a vertical connecting bar completley missing, its there on the other side..

Attached Thumbnails Stabilizer link?-hummer.jpg  
Old 06-24-2012, 12:24 PM

That is definitely your problem! Go on ebay and you can buy new links for $45 shipped. They also sell upgrade setups for $65 that include HD links that are 1" longer(if you level your H2) and they have greasable mounts. Check your rear links as well to make sure you aren't missing one of those as well.

Todd

Old 06-24-2012, 12:31 PM

Holy smokes! you need new tires son! those shoulders are bald! in the interest of safety, while you are awaiting the arrival of the missing stay bar link, you may disconnect the bar on the opposite side to avoid uneven body lean when driving/turning. it WILL though make the truck feel a lot tippier. the purpose of the stabilizer bar is to minimize body roll or lean to either side when turning. hope this helps.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by El Guapo
Holy smokes! you need new tires son! those shoulders are bald! in the interest of safety, while you are awaiting the arrival of the missing stay bar link, you may disconnect the bar on the opposite side to avoid uneven body lean when driving/turning. it WILL though make the truck feel a lot tippier. the purpose of the stabilizer bar is to minimize body roll or lean to either side when turning. hope this helps.
Ouch, I missed the inside of the tires... After you get the stabilizer link added, get it aligned. Odd noises could be tie rod or ball joint issues, which also would cause your tires to wear like they are.

Todd

Old 06-25-2012, 12:33 AM
Default Thanks for the help!!

Thank you for all of your insight, I am going to order a new set of links now..I have a set of firestone destination m/t tires on the way..going to have re-alignment and new brakes put on once the tires come in...THanks again for the help, I hope to learn a lot more about my hummer in the future, it seems to be fairly simple to work on..

Best regards-

Matt