Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H2 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/)
-   -   Speedo and more (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/speedo-more-40852/)

chevykev 02-05-2019 01:13 PM

Speedo and more

More problems to sort, Speedo not working but odometer is fine.
main beam warning light slightly on, doesn't seem to be affecting anything.
Sunroof not opening ( no rush to fix this yet !)
rear suspension dropped right down, eventually went back up, thinking of changing to coil springs. If I did, I'd like to be able to still use the compressor for the inflater.
TIA

MixManSC 02-05-2019 03:25 PM

If you change to coil springs the only way you will be able to use the compressor for the inflator is to totally bypass all of its electronics and manually control its power in some manner as well as bypass the up/down air solenoids, etc. Otherwise the computer will have it in a constant error state and will not allow it to run until the error is cleared.

Speedo is probably just that stepper motor needs replaced. Pretty easy if you are handy with a soldering iron. Same instrument cluster in the GM trucks and SUV's and a ton of info online on replacing the stepper motors.

Main beam??? "slightly on" ?? Not sure what you are talking about on that.

chevykev 02-05-2019 03:51 PM

Main beam

The main beam warning light on the dash is sometimes on, but not at full brightness as when you actually have the main beam switched on

MixManSC 02-05-2019 04:52 PM

I'm going to take a guess that there is a language translation thing going on and you are talking about the headlight high-beam blue indicator. Not really sure what might cause that to be dimly lit. That is an odd one and in combination with the speedometer failure might indicate more than just a bad stepper motor with the instrument cluster. Also on the sunroof.... mine will not close on its own. It will flip the back up and down fine and will fully open fine but I have to press the button while also using my other hand to help it back closed. From what I've read is there are plastic pulleys that might be broken but its something I've not bothered to try and fix yet on mine. I'm going to look at it this summer when I pull the headliner out to redo that.

chevykev 02-06-2019 04:47 AM

Main beam

Thanks, it is the high-beam blue indicator, doesn't do it all the time & doesn't seem to affect anything, as with sunroof, you can here it click but won't move. Can wait till better weather. Is the coil spring conversion straightforward ?

MixManSC 02-06-2019 06:31 AM

I'm not sure - I'm keeping the air ride on mine as I tow a good bit and it helps quite a bit when pulling heavier trailers and rides a little nicer. I know just swapping the air bags for coils is fairly easy but I'm not sure what else you need to do to not have a service air suspension message all the time.

chevykev 02-18-2019 10:54 AM

Spring conversion

Just done spring conversion instructions say to remove relay in engine bay, this will stop ' service air suspension ' message coming up. Not removed it yet as weather is bad. Will post if it works. Also removed compressor will reconfigure it to work on switch for airing up tyres etc.

chevykev 02-27-2019 07:14 AM

Spring conversion

Spring conversion done, rides about the same. Removed fuse as stated, light didn't go out but disconnected battery & it went out & stayed out.