PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So what comes after H2?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 01:45 AM
Default So what comes after H2?

Been driving 2003 H2 for about 5 yrs. Now looking to downsize. Have any other H2 drivers come to this point? Whats next? What vehicle have you bought after your H2 or what vehicle have you thought about downsizing to? This is assuming that the experience with your Hummer has been a positive one... like it has been for me. Always been a fan of SUVs, previous SUV was a 2dr Tahoe 96, before that K5 Blazer 88. No complaints at all with those trucks either. Great for hunting/fishing trips and all season commuting. Any thoughts for your next purchase?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:40 AM

I cant think of anything I would rather drive than my H2. I guess maybe a Chevy Avalanche would be my next choice.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:16 PM

If I ABSOLUTELY HAD to...like, if baby Jesus came down and said "thou must part with your truck"...(sad face...tear)...I guess I'd look at a new Avalanche, Raptor, or a old Tahoe (like an '05).

But seriously...it would have to be a life-changing, spiritual experience where I spoke directly with baby Jesus...otherwise you better have a big fuking hand gun.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:38 AM

Why not just get a clean 07 or 08 H2 and drive it for another 5 years? If you are downsizing go drive an 09 or 10 H3 Alpha. Still has the V8 leather etc. You might actually like it?

Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Why not just get a clean 07 or 08 H2 and drive it for another 5 years? If you are downsizing go drive an 09 or 10 H3 Alpha. Still has the V8 leather etc. You might actually like it?
My thoughts exactly. When I got rid of my H2 I had already bought an H1 and needed a pickup for my farm. I regret every day getting rid of the H2. I will buy a good used one as soon as I pay the truck off.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:24 PM

test drove a range rover sport, also land rover LR2. Nice vehicles, but have a pretty bad rep for reliability. Gonna see whats around for H3 Alpha... honestly never really looked into the H3 before. Raptor looks pretty cool as well, wouldnt mind test driving one of them.

lol @ Guru. Baby Jesus would want you to get a smart car! ew

Old 02-13-2011, 01:19 PM

back to a harley davidson nightrod vrsc !!

Old 02-13-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by shotgun
test drove a range rover sport, also land rover LR2. Nice vehicles, but have a pretty bad rep for reliability. Gonna see whats around for H3 Alpha... honestly never really looked into the H3 before. Raptor looks pretty cool as well, wouldnt mind test driving one of them.

lol @ Guru. Baby Jesus would want you to get a smart car! ew
Today's Land Rovers are 'city trucks' in my book...except the Defender 45...even the 90 went all 'Mercedes G.'. But if you're not wheeling, then hey...they're nice. Seems like their reliability went up during the Ford years, but I can't speak for them now. I don't know much about Tata Motors...seems to me that Jag and LR may lose sight of their heritage being owned by an India-based company; but, again, I don't know much about Tata Motors.

After getting a good look at the Raptor, I'm not so hot on it. I do think Ford makes a good truck, but I don't think they focused enough on the front end...it just looks, well, less heavy-duty then I expected. I would bet that the Raptor only sticks around for a few years anyway. Ford always seems to drop a 'specialty' vehicle on the market and then eliminate it after about a three year run...GT40, Pantera, Ford GT...

I actually went to the dealer with the intention of buying an H3...but in 05 they only had the I5 and that just felt too under powered; plus the interior felt very cramped to me...sit in one and try to reach for the window controls...you'll see what I mean; unless your 4' 2" (in that case I apologize now). While at the dealership I sat in an H2 and that was it! Perfection!

If Jeep would put the Hemi in the Rubicon it might just be a done deal for me...again, if I had to.

Regarding baby Jesus and the smart car...BJ will be short. I'd drive a hooked up golf cart before that...get better MPGs, carry more passengers, and prolly have more cargo room.

Last edited by guruerror; 02-14-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:52 PM

whats wrong with your 03 h2 that you think you need to get rid of it ?
drive it till it drops . if the engine goes bad ,put another one in it , as long as the frame and body still look good its not an issue putting some money in it to keep it on the road. plus its cheaper to fix then buy something else that has problems or that you find out you hate to drive .mike

Old 02-13-2011, 08:14 PM

If downsizing in size, but price isn;t and issue:

A: Chevy Tahoe/ 4" Rancho 33's. Still rides great and has a bit more aggressive stance.
B: H3 Alpha on 35's...although I felt this truck was almost too small for me. Pleanty of power.
C: LR4 Land Rover...very nice interior and on road ride. Although a bit pricey new.

If just changing vehicle, but size/ money isn't a factor:
1: another H2. An 08/09 with the bigger motor. The 08's have a nice power increase and the interior is more upscale. Ride is the same.
2: Ford Raptor Crew Cab w. 6.2L. Rides and handles great, rear locker and Fox shocks stock. 35's fit and a 37" at will squeeze in with the second rideheight setting up front.
3: Dodge Ram 1500 Crew 4" or 6" Superlift w/ 35's or 37's. This Superlift kit handles great. It;s different from stock, but still handles well and is still good for towing.

I have left the H2 behind and tried other vehicles. For me, the H2 works well. When/ If I don;t have a local mechanic that can work on my H2, I will look into #2 or #3.
I also have found going from an H2 to an H3, I was not as happy with the ride. The H3 road great, but, the H2 is pretty damn good on the road...and on those longer trips. the H3 ALpha made a huge difference in power over the I5...esp when adding a Superchips programmer and intake.

Quick Reply: So what comes after H2?