PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

small problems or quirks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Default small problems or quirks?

Anyone having small issues or little quirks with their H2?
I have an 03 with 60,000 miles and have had a few little issues! Nothing major though.
rear leveler on the air suspension. 249.00 to fix at dealer. seat memory module **** its pants on the drivers seat. 191.00 for parts. fixed myself. ( have to stand on running boards with head upside down on floor mat to see this one!! Had green wire break on the gear shift selector that does not let key release from the ignition when this one happens. soldered back together and reenforced myself. 0.00
other than that , no real issues. Just checking to see what others there may be or alert other to these little problems.

Keith

Old 02-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Default RE: small problems or quirks?

ORIGINAL: aycedad

I have an 03 with 60,000 miles and have had a few little issues! Nothing major though.
rear leveler on the air suspension. 249.00 to fix at dealer. seat memory module **** its pants on the drivers seat. 191.00 for parts. fixed myself. ( have to stand on running boards with head upside down on floor mat to see this one!! Had green wire break on the gear shift selector that does not let key release from the ignition when this one happens. soldered back together and reenforced myself. 0.00
other than that , no real issues. Just checking to see what others there may be or alert other to these little problems.

Keith
Hi keith...read your post just now,how did the prob with your airsusp. showed up....my 03 H2 30K Miles is low on the right side and way up on the left side rear end and my DIC says ...Service airsuspension soon....did it do the same thing on your's ???
I'll try to bring it in the garage today and let them check it with the Tech II hope no biggy ,cause for sure they have to order the part's from the US
oh yea forgot to tell...... I'm in Germany
Volker

Old 02-13-2006, 08:07 PM

Keith,
I've had my H2 for about 3 months it's an 03 with 29000 miles. So far since new it's had seat memory module, 2 driveshafts (rear) and left Mirror. Then since I've owned it it's had both front door panels (paint peeling, light lenses falling off), radio **** (peeling), left front axle seal (leaking @ diff.), idler arm and pitman arm (loose), transfer case removed to replace a leaking seal (between transmission and transfercase), winshield moldings resealed for the 60mph wind noise and the left washer nozzle replaced (kept popping out).

DWP99

Old 02-14-2006, 09:49 PM

Whew on the second 1 - must have been traded for a reason. Thank the stars for warranty work.

As for the air suspension - mine leaned way to the drivers side and then eventually went all the way down in the back. Was just a leveling sensor.!!!

Good luck to both of you!!!!

Old 02-14-2006, 10:10 PM

i broke a tie rod on the curb at the mall once. really messed up my alignment

Old 02-14-2006, 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

i broke a tie rod on the curb at the mall once. really messed up my alignment
I hope this is one of your jokes! Wouldn't one the jeepster to get a hold of this post of yours.[:'(]

Old 02-15-2006, 01:30 AM

they don't have the video, so i'm not worried. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-15-2006, 06:22 AM

ORIGINAL: vkh2

ORIGINAL: aycedad

Keith
Hi keith...read your post just now,how did the prob with your airsusp. showed up....my 03 H2 30K Miles is low on the right side and way up on the left side rear end and my DIC says ...Service airsuspension soon....did it do the same thing on your's ???
I'll try to bring it in the garage today and let them check it with the Tech II hope no biggy ,cause for sure they have to order the part's from the US
oh yea forgot to tell...... I'm in Germany
Volker
Hi all,it's what aycedad says ,the mechanic found a defective sensor left back side ,TechII says not enough Volt's ....this thing works like a potentiometer [:-] so now I have to wait for a spare part from the US [:@]
thank's for you'r respond
Volker

Old 02-15-2006, 03:47 PM

Glad they found the problem!

Old 03-19-2006, 09:43 PM

Ive gont through 3 sets of mirrors on my 03... they don't seem to like the cold up here in AK. Are the new style mirrors retractable... are they working any better than the crappy design that I have?