PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silver Shadow

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 03:54 PM
Default Silver Shadow

I have a 2008 H2 Silver Shadow & have tried to find any & all info about it but can’t find anything other than hear say. It’s got the two tone silver on top & black on the bottom with silver shadow under the H2 on both sides. I was told it came with all the chrome & billet parts, XD wheels etc from the factory. Seems strange I can’t find any documentation on a limited edition silver shadow other than pictures of other silver shadow’s on the internet which all look identical to mine. All day extremely rare, limited number made blah blah blah but no real tangible info like number produced etc.
If there is anyone out there that knows anything about the silver shadow & will share their knowledge I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:54 PM

My guess is that is a regional aftermarket special edition sold through dealerships if there are multiples. I'm not aware of any vehicle coming direct from the manufacturer with a set of XD wheels or any H2 with a factory two tone paint job. I could be wrong though.... sure would not be the first time.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:13 PM

I’m the second owner & ford dealership I bought it from told me the guy that traded it in said it was a $25k option from the factory. Wether that is correct or not I have no clue? I do know there are about 5 I’ve seen on the internet that look exactly the same as mine. There’s one on the internet that shows pictures of every angle.
Is there a way to trace it by the vin#?
You can google silver shadow & see what it looks like. I can’t put a picture on here.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:31 AM

I think the salesman at the Ford dealership is a typical car dealership salesman that will say anything to make a sale. There is a "Silver Ice" package that is a factory option.

I looked for pics out of curiosity and I'm 99.8% certain that the couple of examples out there are aftermarket packages likely offered through some specific dealership. A similar offering are the Southern Comfort special edition Hummers and the Hendrix Motorsports special edition Hummers. Both are simply a package offered through a few specific dealers. The package is not done by the factory. It is done by a third party company who designs a custom paint job, some interior accents (usually a badge or two and embroidered headrests), and some other exterior accents like aftermarket wheels and tires and some billet add on pieces.

I think the rarest true factory special edition is the 2009 Black (Dark) Chrome edition that GM noted with the exterior color the "Sedona Metallic" - not to be confused with the Sedona interior option offered in 2008 and also part of the 2009 models. Actually the rarest would be the only true 2008 Black Chrome / Sedona Metallic. GM made a single one as the basis for that special edition to be based on for the 2009 models but that one was produced as a 2008 and was kept by GM in their Heritage Collection Museum until just recently when GM had Barrett Jackson auction off at the most recent Scottsdale event. It sold for a whopping 110K! https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...MMER-H2-216243

Another big red flag is GM nor any other car manufacturer would themselves intentionally used another car brands name on anything as it would invite a lawsuit. In this case specifically from Rolls Royce.

Check the RPO codes on the label inside your glovebox. That will give you the exact options your specific H2 came with from the factory. You can look GM RPO codes online on a few places. This link has what looks to be a fairly current master list from 2014. http://d354nuoz4t18d4.cloudfront.net...?cb=1497380755

If it was a factory option you would find some reference to it online as every factory special edition had a press release at some point. You can find the black chrome edition, silver ice edition, etc no problem.

Last edited by MixManSC; 04-05-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:07 AM

Mixman is correct, I think it was a dealer concoction. Kind of like a Yenko Camaro, Choo Choo ElCamino, Western Hauler 1 ton Dually, Lingenfelter Corvette.

It sounds like a neat H2. Post some pictures.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:56 AM

Thanks for all the input. The original owner bought it from Hummer of KC, I’m the second owner & live in Kansas City also. Hummer of KC was owned by Hendricks. So maybe it is a dealer original. I’ll use the links you provided to try & find out more. I can’t get a picture on here from my phone so will try from a laptop.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:00 AM

Old 04-05-2018, 10:01 AM

Old 04-05-2018, 11:21 AM

In that case it makes even more sense. I'd bet its another special edition by Hendrick Motorsports. They made a red special edition as well with aftermarket wheels and at least a custom gauge cluster, chrome bits, etc. Guy in NC has been trying to sell that one for a while as it comes up in my craigslist searches. In the one pic you can even see Hendrick Motorsports on the custom gauge overlay.

https://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/c...543969323.html

Old 04-10-2018, 09:46 AM

You all were spot on. It’s a Hendricks special edition. No clue how many were actually made? The RPO’s gave it as a fully decked out with every possible option, solid black, standard wheels. Hendricks painted the top half silver, put 22” XD rockstar wheels & matching billet light bar, grill, hood pulls & rear accents. It was a $15,000 option from what I’ve heard from the service manager that used to be at Hummer of KC.

Quick Reply: Silver Shadow