PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side marker smoked covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Default Side marker smoked covers

I purchased these from ebay. I tried installing. I am not sure how they work but they don't seem to cover the covers.

Attached Thumbnails Side marker smoked covers-image.jpg  
Old 04-23-2014, 10:24 PM

Hi! I'm not sure if those are the correct ones, is that a Chevy bowtie cutout? But if they are correct, you remove the screws holding the side maker on your rig, then place the cover over the light, and reinstall the screws, repeat 3 more times, simple as that!

Old 04-23-2014, 11:08 PM

That's what I thought. They don't fit!

I also got the front lenses and you have to rove the grill guard to get th in. How hard is that to remove?

Old 04-24-2014, 08:22 AM

The grill guard is relatively simple as well. You'll have to remove the lower middle, small grill, the brackets holding the guard up are behind it. Carefully pull it off, there are 4 clips that hold it into the main grill that can sometimes be a pain, but they pull straight out. Then, there are 2 bolts holding each bracket, I cannot remember what size off hand but it's all metric. Then depending on the type of guard, there may be additional bolts going through the grill itself that will need to be removed. All very simple common sense, you can handle it!

Old 04-24-2014, 11:01 AM

I installed that same kit a few weeks ago. I removed the side marker lights, then cut off the old plastic housing so I had the circuit board exposed, still had plastic housing on the backside of the circuit board where the wire connects. then I used masking tape to tape it to the new smoked lens, then put the lens cover over the lens once you have everything taped well.

not sure what you mean by front lenses, are you talking about the turn signal lights ?

Old 04-24-2014, 01:56 PM

They look like the ones I bought off of Amazon. I had no issues with fitment. They just sit on top of the marker lights and are held on with the existing two screws.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:27 PM

I found it easier to use a pair of pliers and gently squeeze each clip from behind the grill to get it to release as opposed to just using brute strength to rip the grill off.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I found it easier to use a pair of pliers and gently squeeze each clip from behind the grill to get it to release as opposed to just using brute strength to rip the grill off.
I also recommend this method, only takes a few seconds to put the hood down, push the clips out, flip the hood back up and pull the plastic middle grill out

Old 04-24-2014, 04:53 PM

You guys are totally right! That is definitely a better suggestion! As a 6'5" 275 lb guy, I've never been accused of too much finesse...but in the case of our beloved H2's, that's exactly what's needed!

Old 04-24-2014, 10:11 PM

I got the front changed. I believe the covers for the side will have to be cut to work.

Quick Reply: Side marker smoked covers