PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Service 4wd

Old 11-11-2016, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by flyday58
Basics: check fuses. Look for broken wires, loose plugs. Do you have the "service 4wd" message? And how long have you owned this truck? Can you post a video or your lights and dash when you try to activate the other positions?
Fuse are ok. No service 4wd messege. Since i i dtall the new motor.
I buy this truck about 5 month ago.

Light on dash flashes for anout 30 second
The turn of and come back to original position.
This happend on 4wd hi and 4wd lo

Sorry no video

Old 11-11-2016, 11:23 AM

Guess I can't help. 3 different H2s, when the lights flash and then go steady the DIC says to service 4wd. Rereading the thread I see you had the message at first but now it is gone, so something changed. HUMTECH advised not to operate the motor without it being installed but you accidently did, so I wonder if that is now the issue. The system thinks everything is okay, so maybe the motor went too far when you tried to check it before installing it. Can you get under the truck and watch the motor while someone else operates the buttons? And maybe disconnect the battery for a few minutes to let all the electronics reset. That's about all I know to do without being there.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:20 PM

Very interesting... Any updates? I am going to app empty this job within a couple weeks. Dash switch and actuator

Old 12-30-2016, 05:04 PM

update
change 4wd switch
change tranfer case motor
change tranfer case module.
no change what so ever

took the car to the mecannick today. they connect dignostic tool

it show abs module bad also abs front right tire bad

mechanic say abs is preventing the 4wd to work. since the 4wd it look good after test

Old 12-30-2016, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by flyday58
Guess I can't help. 3 different H2s, when the lights flash and then go steady the DIC says to service 4wd. Rereading the thread I see you had the message at first but now it is gone, so something changed. HUMTECH advised not to operate the motor without it being installed but you accidently did, so I wonder if that is now the issue. The system thinks everything is okay, so maybe the motor went too far when you tried to check it before installing it. Can you get under the truck and watch the motor while someone else operates the buttons? And maybe disconnect the battery for a few minutes to let all the electronics reset. That's about all I know to do without being there.
the motor do nothing no movement what so ever is not getting power from wire

Old 01-01-2017, 11:30 AM

Change the ABS sensor first, I have been researching yours and other's problems and a bad sensor is very common. I think it was calif phil, HUMTECH or one of the other techies in another thread or forum who said we often try to fix the system receiving the bad info instead of the unit sending the bad info, in this case the ABS sensor - module not working correctly because it is getting bad info from the sensor. It is the way the BUS systems work on modern vehicles.
This thread has pics in post #2 of a bad ABS sensor: Rear ABS spped sensor + TC2/ABS lights - Hummer Forums by Elcova

Old 01-04-2017, 07:31 PM

What I found with my new hummer, it would not lock into 4Hi of Lo. When I was looking at the stereo amp and had the center console off I kept hearing a click. I discovered a bad relay just under the shifter. When I held the relay in place I was able to lock in Hi and Lo but as soon as I release it would go back off.

I do not know what relay it is yet, I am doing a bunch of other stuff before I get back into the area.

Repaired my water leak forever (hopefully) today. Next trying to find new overhead marker light covers with LEDs that actually fit and ro work.

JR