PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Service 4wd

Old 10-30-2016, 11:18 PM
Default Service 4wd

My h2 have the service 4wd light on on the dash

When i press the 4wd button on dash. Light flases then go off. And nothing happend 4wd not engage same goes for 4wd low and 4wd hi.

I buy my self new dash swich. Install. Same result. Service 4wd on dash . And 4wd not engage

I buy the tranfer case motor. But i have not install yet.

I read some where that this problem maybe on the tranfer caseodule. Some time the connections get dirty. And all you have to do is clean them up.

Any way any sugestion

Old 10-31-2016, 07:59 AM

I just went through this on a Tahoe I bought and the transfercase motor fixed it. Buy an AC delco part The cheaper Dorman and ebay type motors are not good.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
I just went through this on a Tahoe I bought and the transfercase motor fixed it. Buy an AC delco part The cheaper Dorman and ebay type motors are not good.
Agreed. Replaced motors on two different H2s, an 04 and 08, both fixed the problem. AC Delco would be preferred.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
I just ginish installing the tranfer case motor.
The messege on dash is gone now. Light on #4 on swich is on.

4 lo & 4 hi not working. The light flash the turn off. 4wd not engaging.

I buy the ebay motor i think is dorman

Old 11-03-2016, 03:54 PM

I judt install the new motor. The service 4wd messege is gone now. But no 4 lo or 4 hi work. Thw switch flash. Then go off. And nothing

The motor i get was from ebay. I think it was a dorman

Old 11-03-2016, 04:42 PM

I had the same thing happen when I bought my truck. It would flash and then switch back to regular. It stopped on it's own after I replaced the battery. Been working ever since (1.5 year ago).

Old 11-05-2016, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Malcolm745
I had the same thing happen when I bought my truck. It would flash and then switch back to regular. It stopped on it's own after I replaced the battery. Been working ever since (1.5 year ago).
I have new battery

Old 11-05-2016, 01:33 PM

I dont think the motor is the problem now. since is brand new. how come. I can not pay again for another motor. . how about the module. under the steering can that be a problem.

just gussing

Old 11-05-2016, 02:31 PM

If the SERVICE 4WD message is gone then it is possible the motor is not engaged correctly with the transfer case gear. remove the motor and be sure the motor and transfer case gear line up and go together correctly. If the transfer case was not in the same position as the new motor will be a problem. Sorry if you know all this already!

Old 11-05-2016, 09:16 PM

You should check that the t-case will shift manually. With the motor off use a wrench on the shaft and see if it will shift into all ranges. Could have an internal problem with t-case.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service 4wd