PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Onstar going crazy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Default Onstar going crazy!!!

So i've had my 06 H3 for about 2 months now... loving it more and more everyday! But, tonight, I was on my way home from work, and all of a sudden the onstar lady came on and said "number" welcome to onstar" goodbye".. then it would keep repeating goodbye" goodbye",, number please" goodbye. and it said PHONE on my stereo when Onstar came on.. it literally did this for 15 minutes! Finally stopped for about 3 minutes so I could listen to my radio. Then on came the voice again!! UGH!!! I tried pressing the onstar button on the mirror, and also the one that is located by the fog lights ( the pic of the face talking) it would say goodbye, and then start up again!!! What can I do? Why is it doing this? Hopefully someone else had this problem? Oh, also, I was hoping when I turned my Hum off, it would maybe reset it. Nope, got back in, radio played for about 20 seconds, and on came "bunny" again. That's what I called the onstar lady.. hehe. Is my Hummer possesed?!!!! HELP PLEASE!!! oh, and forgot to mention. I'm not subscribed to onstar.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:50 AM

I am no expert but disconnect a post on your battery and leave it off for, oh...... I dont know..... half hour maybe? then hook it back up and that may actually reset things. While you have the battery unhooked, you should clean the posts really good as well. You would be surprised at what problems a bad connection can cause. I have had no problems with with my onstar. I do not subscribe either. Where did you buy your hummy from? Any type of warranty?

Cheers

Old 01-16-2010, 12:55 AM

I don't know what you mean to unhook the bolt from my Battery.. you mean unhook my battery all together? i bought my hummer from a Toyota dealership in McMinville, OR. I bought the extended warranty for it. As i believe the factory warranty is up. But, I'm going to double check on it tomorrow. I don't believe my EXT. warranty will cover it. i bought the middle warranty package, which pretty much included everything the premium warranty included except a free massage!! HAHA. Also, I noticed my heaters in my seats don't work.. The indicator lights in the switches don't turn on either. UGH... I would LOVE to know how the heated seats feel!!!!

Sincerely,
JEnnifer

Old 01-16-2010, 12:57 AM

whoops.. i mean post... post from the battery. Is this located on top of the battery?

Old 01-16-2010, 01:15 AM

I mean just unhook the read and black cable from the battery under the hood. You only need to unhook the red but if you do it, you should clean the posts. Use baking soda and water and an SOS pad or wire brush.
As for the heated seats, they feel wonderfull. They take too long to come on but once they do, they work really well. Maybe it is just a fuse that is out. The passenger seat, heated seat will not come on until the seat bealt is fastened. Plug in the passenger seat seat belt, turn on the seat warmer and ignition. If that seats button does not light up either, I would say it is a fuse problem ( I hope)

Old 01-16-2010, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by JBROEREN
whoops.. i mean post... post from the battery. Is this located on top of the battery?
Yeah, you just pull off the two plastic covers, one red and one black. Red is your positive post. Then you just need a wrench, losten each bolt on the cable and wiggle and they will come off. If you do not see a lot of white residue, they probably do not need to be cleaned, just pull off one and let it sit for a bit. Make sure you wash your hands good after as the battery acid does not taste very good.

;-)

Old 01-16-2010, 03:41 AM

Oh, I do not mean actually take off a post, it cant be done. The cable around the post. I should of been more clear. Let us know if anything works.

Last edited by djezrock; 01-17-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:40 PM

Hey, thanks guys for all your input! WOW I just love this sight! Everyone seems so nice... especially to a girl who doesn't know how to do much anyhoot, I got in my Hummer today. Dreading to hear the OnStar lady all the way to work. And by my surprise, not a peep from her!! YIPPEE!!! I wonder if it just needed to be reset. Maybe just being turned off overnight solved the problem.. maybe a little tweek happened. i don't know, but whatever it was, she's NOT coming on anymore!! YAY!! But, I'll definently try the battery thing if she comes back on, unexpectantly.

Thank you all again!
p.s. tomorrow I'll be checking my fuse for the heated seats. I looked it up in the manual and said it's fuse 1 for those. So keep your fingers crossed!!!

~jennifer

Old 01-17-2010, 07:10 AM

I lost my heated seats last year. Turns out the seat rails allowed the seat to run over one of the wires and blowing the fuse. The service technician rerouted the wire and it's been fine since. With temperature around zero degrees in Ohio those heated seats have been great!
Heated steering wheel like on some BMWs would be great too.

Bob

Old 01-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Default On Star

I am glad you mentioned the On Star issue. But, I don't understand if you are not subscribed how it would still come on in your hummer?

I am not crazy about the On Star anyways. But, I have never had a GPS type system in my car. What concerns me, and my husband of course laughs, is that there is someone out there some where and has control of your vehicle! It sounds like a bad movie plot but what is to stop some weirdo working there to say let's play games and shut down the engine of so and so's car?

The heated seats are one of my favorites and good to know if something happens it is simply a fuse issue.

So has Bunny On Star lady left you alone?

Quick Reply: Onstar going crazy!!!