PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rear Suspension Air Compressor Keeps Running

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 12:10 AM
Default Rear Suspension Air Compressor Keeps Running

Hello, I recently purchased a 2005 H2 with 98,000 miles. After driving it one day I noticed the compressor was not shutting off like it normally does so I pulled the fuse. I found the fitting that connects from the compressor to the air intake hose was loose. After fixing that it holds air in the shocks a little but won't fill the shocks all the way. The compressor still make the same strange noise as well. I will try to post a video so you can understand what I'm talking about better. Let me know if you have any ideas!

Old 07-28-2018, 07:35 AM

Time to spray a soapy water mix and find where the air is leaking. Since you have a major leak it should be easy to pinpoint.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Time to spray a soapy water mix and find where the air is leaking. Since you have a major leak it should be easy to pinpoint.
That's actually exactly what I did after I fixed the fittings. Here is a video of compressor after the fitting were fixed. In the first video, when the compressor makes that wierd noise it's almost like it hicups and pushes air out of the inlet? Then after it does that it goes back to take air into the inlet hose and the cycle starts agian. Does that make sense?

Old 08-03-2018, 11:09 AM

I had running and lop sided problems also... 1st time was the Air bags themselves...They had micro cracks ..Tech put it on the lift with the bags fully visible and sprayed soapy water and found air leaking out. Replaced the two air bags. This is on my H2 2009 rig.

Second problem later on was a Lopsided stance ... One side about 1 inch higher then the other. Turned out that the Sensor Meck on the swing arm was bad. It was giving erratic readings to the body air ride computer. He found that using the GM Scan tool. Replaced the sensor and all is good

Old 08-07-2018, 04:36 PM

You didnt mention if you airbags stay-up, even though only partly filled ?

If they both don't then then there is a common leak, if only one side drops then its likely to be a bag-leak.

There are two air-valves combined into one unit. They can open individually to either pump air-in or dump-air out and there is a pressure sensor (not a switch) for the ECU to monitor what the air-pressure is. The left & right ride-height sensors mounted on the chassis provide the ECU with individual height information

If both bags fail to inflate properly its likely to be related to the air supply going to the valve, this comes via the dryer (big black cyclinder) from the combined out-puts of the two compressors (there's a Tee piece) linking the two.

If one of the compressors fails to seal it could be that buts its possibly a loose/broken pipe possibly on the compressor outlets or even the tyre inflator inside the truck.

If you need any more info please post.

Old 10-22-2018, 03:44 PM

Ryan,
Did you find a solution to your issue. I'm running it something similar.