PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rear End Sag Mystery

Old 10-07-2014, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Thunder Cat
Hummer H2 Air Suspension Air Bag Installation - YouTube

This pretty much covers it, just hold down the fittings & pull with all you got .. It will come off
It looks too easy. I feel like something gas to go wrong. Lol.
Seeing the video makes me wonder how the air fitting will go back on and seal. Is that prone to leaking? Just pushing it on doesn't seem like it would seal very well.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:23 AM

they do make it look easy... the hardest part for sure is removing the old bag, piece of cake after that , you HAVE to be very careful not to damage the air line that attaches to the top air fitting, or yes it will leak, I ran into this & had to splice in a new section of air line, just take your time & you should be good

Old 10-08-2014, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Thunder Cat
they do make it look easy... the hardest part for sure is removing the old bag, piece of cake after that , you HAVE to be very careful not to damage the air line that attaches to the top air fitting, or yes it will leak, I ran into this & had to splice in a new section of air line, just take your time & you should be good
Great. Thank you for all of the help. It is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:25 PM

UPS tracking said my airbags will be here on Monday.

New information. We had new tires put on it yesterday. They had to jack it up. Brought it home. It was sagging right away. Parked it today and it was sagging right away.

Maybe jacking it up finished off the airbags??? Funny I still can't see any cracks. They look new.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:27 AM

yes, I would bet when it was on the hoist it stretched the bags & made the leaks worse, keep us posted on how your install goes

Old 10-15-2014, 10:27 PM

Well I got both airbags installed over the weekend. It was pretty easy. I agree the hardest part was the airlines.

So far it has been 4 days and no sag in the morning. I think that was it. I will update in a few more days.

Thanks to everyone for the help. My dealer wanted $800 to do the airbags. With the help here I did it for $250 and 30 minutes of labor. You guys are the greatest. Thanks again.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:00 PM

That's Great! I agree... I count not afford any of my toys if I had to pay someone every time an issue arose!!

Old 10-20-2014, 02:54 PM

Update. I have noticed the last few days that it might have a small sag after sitting all night. I went out this morning and measured from the ground to the top of the wheel well. 41". Then I started it and let it air up. It went up 2 inches. Is that normal or do I still have a problem somewhere?

Also according to my air gauge after sitting all night the air is down to the bottom of the gauge. It has always done this. Is this normal?

Old 10-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

The air suspension provides a 2" light when raised to its highest if I remember correctly.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
The air suspension provides a 2" light when raised to its highest if I remember correctly.
So it would be normal to have it down 2 inches.?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear End Sag Mystery