PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rain Guards / Vent Visors that are not huge

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 10:28 AM
Default Rain Guards / Vent Visors that are not huge

Have a set of AVS (Auto Ventshade) ones now and I'm not terribly thrilled with them. On the horizontal part they are just too tall. These windows are short to begin with and with rain guards sticking down just a hair over 3 inches they just reduce the window height too much. Where it's most annoying is at a drive through - you can hardly get a bag of food or a drink in without hitting them. On the front ones, those also go down the front vertical edge and that part is only about 2 inches. If the whole thing were 2 inches they would be much better.

None of the brands really indicate how far down they come over the window.

I prefer the in-channel style versus ones stuck on the paint outside the window but I might have to go that route. Anyone have other brands that they could possibly measure or take a picture of? The AVS ones seem to be decent quality otherwise and I like that they are the in-channel style but I just wish they were shorter. I'm tempted to try cutting them down but they are pretty thin and as such the outer edge is stepped to make them stronger. Looking online I've seen pics of other brands that do not have the stepped edge which would lead me to think they are probably a bit thicker.

You can see in the pic that the top is a lot wider than the left (front vertical) part.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:55 AM

I would not like those either. Does weathertech offer any? They make some nice products.