Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Difficulty adjusting dash language

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 11:41 AM
Default Difficulty adjusting dash language

Difficulty adjusting dash language 07 H2

Apparently my dash info is stuck on French language.however the mileage is in American miles. If the cluster was functioning properly an set to French wouldn’t the mileage be in kilometers?

I’ve attempted to press the program button on steering wheel also tried the odometer trip meter reset

Like the H3 use’s both unsuccessful.

Is there a special procedure I’m missing. like maybe pressing the brake 3 times fast?

or maybe it's like programming the key fob hold door lock turn key on/off twice then press prog.

I’ve pressed prog. an held pressed an let off ect. Thanks for any tips.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:57 PM

Rarely need to change any settings, as may other forum members.

From the manual, the buttons on the bottom half of your steering wheel are for the Driver Information Center (DIC)

A = Trip Info, B = Fuel Info C = Personalization, D= Select

Display Language and Display Units are controlled separately.

This is what the manual has to say:-

Display Language
Continue with the following steps in order to program the language displayed:

The DIC displays DISPLAY LANGUAGE: ENGLISH, FRENCH, or SPANISH.
Press the select button in order to scroll through the above choices.
Press the personalization button in order to select the displayed choice and to advance to the next option.
If the vehicle does not have the personalization button, use the trip stem to toggle to the season odometer display and then press and hold the trip stem to cycle through the languages and release it when the language of choice is displayed.
Display Units (ENG/MET)
Continue with the following steps in order to program the display units:

The DIC displays UNITS: ENGLISH or METRIC.
Press the select button in order to scroll through the above choices.
Press the personalization button in order to select the displayed choice and to advance to the next option.

Please let me know if this helps..

Old 10-28-2023, 07:27 PM

thanks for procedure currently the batterys dead. will charge an report back.

Old 10-29-2023, 03:56 PM

after selecting language then press personilize dash just continues to scroll I also tryed to personilize w/ the odometers trip button. still scrolling.
can the steering wheel buttons be tested?

Old 10-30-2023, 09:44 AM

Found this on YT

Old 11-01-2023, 05:42 AM

Presumably you successfully managed to change language?

Old 11-01-2023, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Presumably you successfully managed to change language?
actually I did another attempt however didn't try the press A &D simultaneously yet so unfortunately not resolved yet.

I'm attempting to replace outside door handles for driver side front an rear doors. which have priority over the dash. remember I haven't even driven the H2,plan to around spring time the H2 is my new tow vehicle for my 24' Ocean cruiser pilot house vessel.

I also need to put the clamps on the pass. & driver rear exhaust bolts that are broken. plus cut wheel speed sensor wire which I believe is preventing 4 wheel low shifting.I'd like new tires still undecided on the type.
so dash is secondary.
the first attempt fiddleing w/ dash drained battery key wasn't on more than 3-4 minutes so did the 2nd attempt these attempts where very brief both drained battery. I believe the headlights couldve been on when keys on?

whats weird about the head lights is while there on that dam auto crape you have to turn headlights on then turn off for headlights to actuely go off even when key is removed. so I'm presuming the HLs where actually on during dash fiddling.

results of both attempts the language continued to scroll after select so I couldn't personalize. can the select button be tested
like maybe adjust a different section on dash like miles or kilometer? if not I assume the select button is just a on off switch an can be tested w/ multimeter?

I've taken notes on your suggestions

will report back when dash is resolved thanks

Old 11-01-2023, 11:29 AM

To test Select use it try try and reset Trip A, or Trip B or Fuel AVG ECON.

Yes they are all individual switches and link via 5 slip-rings in the steering wheel to a 24-Way on the Instrument Cluster as follows:-
B4 (Orange) = Select
B5 (Dark Blue) = Fuel Info
B6 (Dark Green & White) = Personalization
B7 (Yellow) = Trip Switch

One side of each switch is connected to a common ground (Black) then via the 5th slip-ring to Splice 218.
Effectively each switch "grounds" the corresponding input on the Cluster, the switches are normally open and so "close" to perform their function.

Fault possibilities:-
  • Broken or damaged switch i.e. permanently grounding IC input B4 (Orange)
  • An issue with the IC itself.
  • Short in the wiring (unlikely)
The switches are easy to change, note some wire colors are slightly different inside the steel wheel:-

Personalization becomes Purple, Select becomes Orange & Black, the remaining 3 remain the same colors.

No experience on this topic, but "Cutting" the wheel speed sensor sounds drastic, presumably this is the vehicle speed sensor from the Transfer Case to the PCM, one would have thought it might throw DTC P0502 forcing 2nd gear only, limited fuel etc, hopefully I'll be enlightened.

Last edited by oceanbrave; 11-01-2023 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-04-2023, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
To test Select use it try try and reset Trip A, or Trip B or Fuel AVG ECON.

Yes they are all individual switches and link via 5 slip-rings in the steering wheel to a 24-Way on the Instrument Cluster as follows:-
B4 (Orange) = Select
B5 (Dark Blue) = Fuel Info
B6 (Dark Green & White) = Personalization
B7 (Yellow) = Trip Switch

One side of each switch is connected to a common ground (Black) then via the 5th slip-ring to Splice 218.
Effectively each switch "grounds" the corresponding input on the Cluster, the switches are normally open and so "close" to perform their function.

Fault possibilities:-
  • Broken or damaged switch i.e. permanently grounding IC input B4 (Orange)
  • An issue with the IC itself.
  • Short in the wiring (unlikely)
The switches are easy to change, note some wire colors are slightly different inside the steel wheel:-

Personalization becomes Purple, Select becomes Orange & Black, the remaining 3 remain the same colors.

No experience on this topic, but "Cutting" the wheel speed sensor sounds drastic, presumably this is the vehicle speed sensor from the Transfer Case to the PCM, one would have thought it might throw DTC P0502 forcing 2nd gear only, limited fuel etc, hopefully I'll be enlightened.
for right now I have the dash issue on hold it's low priority.
the wheel speed sensor for ABS was cut when purchased the H2. apparently this is a common fault. I believe the clip that attaches the cable to control arm(wire) comes loose then wire gets cut.hopefully after replacing this cable will be able to shift to 4 wheel low right now it only drives in 4hi. haven't scaned for any codes yet. I plan to purchase the

Veepeak Mini Bluetooth OBD II Scanner this

still can't adjust font size w/ Tx option.
Amazon Amazon

attached images of ABS wire