Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Powered Side Steps

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Default Powered Side Steps

We just installed these - not for everybody, but let me tell you there are going to be some jealous neighbors when they get a load of what they do:

AMP RESEARCH Power Step by Bestop running boards are triggered by an electronic signal from the vehicle's factory door sensors and extends to a convenient stepping height in one second. The Power Step running boards are powered by a heavy-duty, weatherproof motor. The Power Step is lowered when any door is opened and Power Step retracts when any door is closed. At the optimal ergonomic height for proper entry and exit without sacrificing ground clearance, it provides a natural step similar to steps found in your home. All AMP RESEARCH Power Step by Bestop running board components are OEM quality and corrosion-resistant for long service life. The AMP RESEARCH Power Step by Bestop is designed to operate normally in all weather conditions and is built to handle up to 600 lbs. per side. The AMP RESEARCH Power Step by Bestop running boards are a must have for all truck enthusiasts.

http://www.shopsar.com/index.php?act...productId=3301

[IMG]local://upfiles/493/3CF58D90FC9D4B0C86AA213A2C589C3F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Default RE: Powered Side Steps

Do the have them for the H3

Old 05-02-2006, 11:11 AM

I'm checking with the vendor later today and I'll get back to you.

Regards,
Al

Old 05-06-2006, 07:48 PM

I've had these on my H2 for a couple of years and I LOVE THEM

Old 05-07-2006, 02:26 AM

Ive seen these at the dealer...and they are swweeeeeeeeettttttt!!....very clean and look great I want them for my h3

Old 05-08-2006, 05:36 PM

Yep - they're coming for the H3!!!

http://www.shopsar.com/index.php?act...productId=3430

Should have 'em in stock shortly.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:01 PM

i had some powered side steps, bestop brand, installed today, and i'm not at all impressed.

They are flimsly plastic that give hugely when you step on them (not very confidence inspiring), and the drivers side one honks like a flatulent Sasquatch whenever you open a drivers side door. So i get to drive around for a week with a honking truck (that's otherwise very nice) on the promise that "oh, within a week at least" i'll get a part that they're sure is going to cure this. The dealer that installed them more or less price gouged, and my cost wound up several hundred $$$ over that the local hummer dealers quote was... and they don't work properly.

And, assuming they get them to function, i'll have some seriously flimsy hunks of plastic for my trouble, which i'm not sure i want on the otherwise uber-solid hummer.

so all in all, two thumbs down.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:18 PM

Sorry they didn't work out for you. Can you return them? And where did you purchase them? Does the site have a place to review them?

Old 05-22-2006, 09:57 PM

if i were you, i'd sit in the driveway opening and closing the door, that way sasquatch will turn into breakage. then take them back where you got them, tell them they're broken, and you want your money back. if you continue playing offroad on the farm, you're just going to break them anyway. if they really are plastic, one rock will make sure they don't auto-anything again. my wife is only 5'4" and gets in fine without steps at all, i took them off the day after her and the baby got home from the hospital.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:17 AM

Honestly..Next, they'll be coming out with one of these for the front seat...

Quick Reply: Powered Side Steps