PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Door Ajar

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 03:13 PM

Name:  Peggy.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  8.0 KB

Old 07-19-2011, 02:51 PM

$1400 later, the dealer found the problem; a broken wire to my aftermarket video system. Could have been repaired with $1 worth of electrical tape. But it's fixed, now....I need to sell these OEM parts

Old 07-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

What??? how is that even possible?

Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Traciemw
$1400 later, the dealer found the problem; a broken wire to my aftermarket video system. Could have been repaired with $1 worth of electrical tape. But it's fixed, now....I need to sell these OEM parts
Do you have any more details on how they tracked down your problem? I'm having the same issue with my left passenger door. Because of it my air suspension won't level out.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Default broken audio wire

I have no idea how they tracked the problem. They just came out and said that the problem was a broken wire to my aftermarket sound system.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:33 AM

I have no idea how they tracked the problem. They just came out and said that the problem was a broken wire to my aftermarket sound system.
Weird that a broken wire from an unrelated aftermarket sound system would cause hiccups from the factory BCM. Now I'm wondering if there's a way to by-pass the door ajar part of the BCM? Ideas?

Old 10-24-2011, 10:54 AM

Hi Susie,
I have no friggin idea. I would just take it to the dealer and have them plug it into the code reader. Jiffy Lube will do it for free also. Good luck with your issue. I know it is a very annoying one.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:58 PM

Hi Susie,
I have no friggin idea. I would just take it to the dealer and have them plug it into the code reader. Jiffy Lube will do it for free also. Good luck with your issue. I know it is a very annoying one.
I would, but the dealership techs aren't Hummer techs. Besides I had a friend with an OBD II scanner look at it. It's showing a #B2948 code which is "security system power CKT high". What the heck is that? Tried googling it but couldn't find anything on it. Not sure how it relates to the door ajar issue.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:14 AM

That BCM is the central brain for all things electrical. Personally, I think anything down the line can **** it off and throw off the readings LOL. If you find a GM dealer, they have a "How to fix Hummer" strategy website to follow. They will start at the top of the list and work through it based on the code readings. They started with one thing, that didn't fix the problem so they went to the next issue. The next issue didn't fix the problem and so on and so on.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:56 PM

My "Passenger Door Ajar" is flashing across my screen as well. Anyone EVER figure out what to do?

I am very hesitant to start replacing stuff based off her comments above.

Quick Reply: Passenger Door Ajar